Following recipes while cooking can tremendously improve your cooking experience. Once you feel comfortable with the recipes and know how to use them properly, you can modify them any way you want to suit your specific needs. You can cut down on ingredients, substitute ingredients or omit the ones that you do not like. The recipes consist of ingredients and instructions on how to cook those ingredients. So it does not matter your level of experience in cooking. Even if you have never cooked before, you will have easy time preparing meals when you use recipes. You will also save a lot of money when you follow recipes while cooking because you will cook just enough food for you or your family. In this article, we look at how asparagus and cheddar quiche for #sundaysupper is prepared.
Asparagus and Cheddar Quiche #SundaySupper
The results of this recipe are very yummy. If you like getting creative with the meals that you cook for Sunday supper, you definitely want to give it a try.
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 50 minutes
- Servings: 8
- 1 store-bought pie dough (11 inch)
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- A pinch of cayenne
- 1 bunch of asparagus (chopped into 1/2 inch pieces)
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup of chopped chives
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of grated nutmeg
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups shredded white Cheddar
How to Prepare
- The first thing you will need to do is preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Secondly, you will need to roll out the pie dough and then mold into an eleven inch pie dish. The edges of the pie should be crimped to make ridges. Using a fork, pierce the dough several times and then bake it in the hot oven for about 6 to 8 minutes until it is slightly browned. After making sure that the pie is well baked, remove it from the oven and then allow it to cool, and then turn the oven down to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Thirdly, you will need to add the butter, asparagus, onions, cayenne and garlic in a large skillet over medium high heat and then sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper. Allow then to cook for about 5 to 6 minutes. The asparagus should become soft and the mixture should be fragrant. After that, remove the mixture from the pan and then put it in a bowl and allow it to cool.
- Add the chives, eggs, Dijon mustard, heavy cream, nutmeg and a large pinch salt and black pepper in a large bowl and then whisk them together until they are well combined.
- After that, add the asparagus mixture to the pie shell and then add to it the egg mixture.
- Top the mixture Cheddar and then bake for about 35 minutes until the eggs are well set, and then remove from the oven and cut into wedges to serve.
This recipe provides a great way to use up cooked asparagus if you have some left for Sunday dinner. The quiche is absolutely delicious. You are surely going to make it numerous times if you try it once.