Butterscotch Chocolate Chunk Cookies
This post almost didn’t happen today! But boy am I glad it did! I am being 100% truthful when I say these are the best cookies I’ve ever made. Maybe even the best I’ve eaten! Big claim huh?
They’re chewy, chunky, sweet and just perfect.
There are two reasons they nearly didn’t happen.
1) I’m so busy still with the launch of my Etsy shop Holly’s Lollies (Please go over and like it’s facebook page! It’s looking kind of lonely). I haven’t had time to go and buy ingredients or think of a recipe I want to make.
2) The heat. The soul crushing, life stopping humidity. It’s been beautiful weather here in the UK for the past two weeks, but it was starting to get humid. Really humid. Last night it rained and it rained a lot. I walked out of the door this morning expecting the rain to have cleared the heat a bit. Instead I was hit with an absolute wall of humidity. The kind that makes you want to lie on your back and do nothing, all day.
Speaking of rain, last night we had the loudest thunder storm I’ve ever heard. I woke up in the middle of the night disorientated and not quite sure what was going on. Of course the most obvious assumption to make was that the world was ending.
The world was ending and I hadn’t baked in days! What if I didn’t go to baking heaven? What if the big chef in the sky didn’t think I was dedicated enough? The world was going to end and I had no cookies or cake to eat whilst the sky set on fire and the sea froze.
This is honestly what worried me.
I’m so sad.
Anyway moving on, today I was making a Holly’s Lollies order and pottering around the kitchen trying to find some silver sprinkles, and I came across some butterscotch Angel Delight. I think for anyone that doesn’t live in the UK you would call this pudding.
Now pudding cookies have been around forever and they are a big thing on the internet, but I never thought I could make them, because we don’t have pudding in the UK. That was until the lovely Tash over at The Velvet Moon Baker made Strawberry Pudding Cookies with Angel Delight! After that I knew I had to make them. I would find the time!
I tinkered with her recipe a little bit, using butterscotch pudding and chocolate chips as well as some soft brown sugar.
So if the world ends tonight, I have cookies to eat and I have baked something yummy. Big chef in the sky, I’ll be your pastry chef. As long as you don’t mind that I crossed over the dark side and used pudding in my cookies!
- 110g salted butter
- 120g caster sugar
- 50g soft brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 200g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 sachet of butterscotch Angel Delight (pudding)
- 60g milk chocolate chunks
- Pre heat the oven to 180C. Line two baking sheets with baking paper.
- Cream together the sugar and butter until soft and creamy and then mix in the egg until combined.
- Stir in the dried ingredients until just combined then mix in the chocolate chunks.
- Drop large spoonfuls of the mixture onto the baking sheet and press down lightly with your fingers. Leave space between cookies so they can spread.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown but still soft in the middle.
- Leave to cook on a wire rack.