Spiced Chewy Ginger Cookies
Ooooo.. you know that kind of angry where you want to hit your computer screen? I’ve stayed away from the computer this weekend because I’ve been busy. Missing my blog and followers, I sat down at my computer to catch up with a cup of tea.
200 new comments?! YAY. Something must have gone viral. I’m so excited. Oh. No. Wait. Pretty much all spam.
The spammers of the world must have had some kind of meeting this weekend and decided my blog was the target. Miss Messy? She looks like she needs a new pair of fake Nike Airs as well as some Viagra.
Who actually clicks on the links? Yeh sure my little food blog wants to know all about how you solved your acne in broken English. Grrr. Go away.
Anyway, looks like I need a captcha now. Can anyone recommend a good plug in for word press?
I needed a nice treat to calm me down. Cookies! Obviously cookies! Ginger is meant to be calming isn’t it? Well the sugar certainly made me happy.
These were yummy. Crunchy on the outside, chewy in the middle. Subtly spiced and perfect with a cup of tea. I’m taking a breather, cursing the spammers and inhaling cookies. Perfect Sunday. I also just hit 300 likes on Facebook. Yay. Go over and visit. You know you want to!
Hope you all had a lovely weekend.
- 80g butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 medium eggs
- 3 tbsp black treacle
- 160g plain flour
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp all spice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- extra caster sugar for rolling cookies in
- Pre heat the oven to 180C.
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add in the egg and the treacle and mix until combined.
- Sieve in the dry ingredients a quarter at a time.
- When combined take golf ball sized pieces of the cookie dough and roll them in the extra caster sugar.
- Place the cookies 2 inches apart on a lined baking tray.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until slightly browned.
- Leave to cool for a few minutes then transfer onto a cooling rack.