Cinnamon Roll Donuts
Cinnamon Roll Donuts. Hello! Lets take something pretty awesome: donuts, and combine them with something even better: cinnamon rolls.
What do you get? Gooey sweet soft mini bites of goodness.
This is what happens when donuts and cinnamon rolls get drunk at prom. I’m not complaining. Look how cute their babies are!
I’m now wondering what other sweet treats I can get drunk to create beautiful beautiful babies.
I’ve been a busy little food blogger recently, I’ve been kindly offered some product reviews and been invited to some great events. I’ve really missed baking. The kind of baking where you destroy your kitchen and your clothes in a dust of sugar and icing.
After all that’s what Mess Makes Food is about.
I wish that all I did was bake, photograph it, talk about it and then eat it.
I’ve recently been learning it’s a lot more that that. Of course I submit my photos to food porn sites, visit other bloggers and join linky parties and I enjoy all of that. I don’t enjoy other people on the internet stealing my things.
Why do that? Why steal my photos and not link back. The main culprits are on Tumblr and you can’t report them. It makes me really sad.
It make me sad that I balanced on one leg, positioned donuts, waited until the sun went behind a cloud, wiped away icing and edited, cropped and uploaded these photos. It wasn’t an easy or quick process but chances are they’ll end up somewhere on the internet not linking back to me or being claimed as someone elses.
So I have started water marking. Except I don’t know what I’m doing really. What do people think?
Mean internet people, please take a leaf from the cinnamon rolls and donuts and be nice to one another. I’m not saying make sweet confectionery love, but please be nice. I know that it’s nobody reading this site, but it’s nice to rant sometimes.
I’m off to eat more donuts. These beautiful things would make anyone forget their troubles!
- 85g butter
- 2tsp cinnamon
- 5tbsp soft light brown sugar
- 1tsp milk
- 1tsp cornflour
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 195g plain flour
- 100 caster sugar
- 2tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 130ml milk
- 100g icing sugar
- 1-2tsp water
- Pre heat to oven to 180C and grease a mini donut pan.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan and place 4 tbsp in a jug and set it aside.
- To the saucepan containing the remaining butter, add the cinnamon, soft light brown sugar, milk and cornflour.
- Heat just until it bubbles then take it off the heat and pour around 1/2 tsp of the mixture into the bottom of each mini donut hole.
- Add the egg and milk to the jug containing the butter and mix until combined.
- Stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- Pour in the contents of the jug and stir together until just combined.
- Spoon or pipe the batter into the doughnut pan, fill each hole to about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes then turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Mix together the icing sugar and the water until a smooth icing is formed.
- Drizzle or pipe over the cool mini donuts.