Coconut Oatmeal Cookies
These cookies came out just how I wanted them, crispy and golden brown on the outside, moist and chewy in the middle with a serious coconut kick. The chewy texture comes from the brown sugar and the coconut from a good amount of desiccated coconut and coconut essence.
Last week I had dental surgery. Like a lot of dental surgery. This meant going home to my mum’s house and feeling sorry for myself , whilst i was bought soup and cups of tea; and of course a lot of sympathy.
I don’t like the dentist, in fact i’m super phobic, but it wasn’t all bad. I mean who doesn’t like tea and sympathy?! And the large amount of sedation pumped into my body was also very fun. My best friend came to visit and I was just sat smiling and slurring to myself, not a care in the world. To thank my mum for looking after me like I was a 5 year old again, I baked her a giant batch of coconut oatmeal cookies.
More coconut cookies? Check out these Oaty Coconut Peanut Butter Cookies
- 240g butter (softened)
- 200g caster sugar
- 200g brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp coconut essence
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 300g plain flour
- 160g rolled oats
- 75g desiccated coconut
- Pre heat the oven to 180C
- Cream the butter and sugars together until smooth and creamy.
- Stir in the eggs, vanilla and coconut essence until combined.
- Sift in the flours, baking powder and baking soda and combine.
- Stir in the oats and coconut and mix well.
- Take golf ball sized pieces of the cookie dough and flatten slightly onto a lined baking tray.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.