Today at work (I work in a bar, in the day, it’s boring), we were playing the game where one person names something and the next person has to name something that starts with the letter that the last thing ended in. So you name a category, for example countries, and one person says England so the next might say Denmark and so on.
Anyway, after sharing with the people that I work with that I have this little food blog, the category ‘food’ was naturally chosen.
Turns out I absolutely suck.
I was really clutching at straws. It started out okay; tomato, orange, egg, grapefruit etc, but soon I was yelling things like unagi (think Ross from friends) and swearing blind it was sushi, I just couldn’t tell you what kind right then, but it totally was!
Needless to say I lost the game when aardvark steak was yelled out (I’m a vegetarian, people might eat aadrvark! Shut up)
It got me thinking though, what if I suck at food? I couldn’t even name 10 before I lost!
So I put myself through a little test.
Do I like eating food?
Well yes. It’s basically my main hobby. Well the first step in addiction is admitting it right?
Am I a food snob?
“Oh my, are you eating caviar with a metal spoon?”
“I feel a complaint letter about my overcooked tuna steak”
Yehhh, I probably am.
Do I wish I was Nigella Lawson?
What? Sorry, just trying to develop a cocaine addiction.
Also, these cookies!
I can’t be bad at food if I made these.
It’s a cookie, stuffed with cookie dough! Although you probably got that from the title.
Look, let’s face it, you eat the cookie dough when your making cookies. Even if your grandma told you not to because the raw eggs might mean you grow a chicken in your tummy. No? Just my nan then?
Oooo salmonella? Well that seems like a better reason for not eating raw eggs.
You eat the cookie dough anyway, so why not make it easier for yourself?
Eat a cookie stuffed full of cookie dough. Now you don’t have to decide whether cookie dough or cooked cookies are better, you can have both.
Ooo yeh. You’re welcome!
It’s pretty much Ben and Jerry’s half baked ice cream in an easy, non melty form.
And don’t worry a chicken won’t grow in your tummy, the cookie dough in the middle of these cookies doesn’t contain any eggs! No chicken babies for you.
- 95g plain flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 55g unsalted butter (melted)
- 50g soft brown sugar
- 30g caster sugar
- 30ml milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 50g chocolate chips
- 150g plain flour
- 1/2tsp baking powder
- 70g cocoa powder
- 110g butter
- 220g caster sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 75g chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, sift together the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the butter, sugars, milk and vanilla until smooth.
- Whisk in the dry ingredients.
- Add the chocolate chips and fold together.
- Cover and freeze 30 minutes or until firm.
- Beat together the butter and sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Mix in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Sieve in the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder and mix until combined.
- Chill the dough in the fridge for half an hour.
- Take small balls of the cookie dough mixture and wrap chocolate cookie mixture around it until none of the cookie dough is visible.
- Pre heat the oven to 160C.
- Line a baking tray with parchment.
- Place the cookie balls an inch and half apart on the tray and press down slightly.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes and transfer to cooling rack.
Need Something? I Recommend:
You totally need one!