If you love the convenience of restaurant and takeout food, it is time you thought about preparing your own meals at home. There is no excuse for not cooking your own meals because there are recipes that you can use if you do not have any cooking experience. The recipes will give you everything you need to prepare the meals of your choice. When you prepare your own meals at home, you will be able to take charge of both your physical and mental health. This is because you will be in full control of what goes in the meals that you take. The risk of serious illnesses will be reduced, your weight will be stabilized and your energy will be boosted. Cooking at home will also enable you to spend more quality time with your family and friends. You will bond with them and get to know them better than you already do. Here is a cranberry orange and white chocolate cookies recipe that you can start with if you have made up your mind to start making home cooked meals.
Cranberry Orange and White Chocolate Cookies
These are deliciously sweet, fresh and crisp cookies that deliver different flavors and textures in every bite. They are perfect for the weekends or holidays.
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 12 minutes
- Servings: 12
- 1/4 cup of softened butter
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- Grated zest of 1 orange
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups of Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen cranberries (coarsely chopped or left whole)
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of white chocolate chunks or chips
How to Prepare
- First, you will need to heat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and then spray cookie sheets with a nonstick cooking spray or line them with parchment paper.
- After that, you will need to put butter, orange zest, sugar and brown sugar in a large bowl and beat them at the medium speed of the electric mixer until they are well blended. Make sure that the mixture has the consistency of wet sand, and then add the egg and vanilla to it and continue beating until it becomes very smooth.
- Using a small bowl, you will need to stir together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and then add them to the sugar mixture that you made earlier. Stir them together by hand until they are almost combined and then add the white chocolate and cranberries and continue stirring until they are well blended.
- Once you have done that, drop spoonfuls of dough about one inch apart on cookie sheets and then allow them to bake for about 12 to 14 minutes. They need to turn light golden and set around the edges but soft in the middle.
- Let them stay in the cookie sheets for about 1 to 2 minutes and then transfer them to a wire rack to cool.
You are going to love the softness and hint of orange that you will get with each bite of these cookies. They have a lot of things going on in every bite. You can bake a dozen of them at a time and then store them in an airtight container to eat later with your family.