The benefits of using food recipes to cook meals at home cannot be overlooked. First of all, the recipes will help you save money by preparing food that is just enough for your family. You will not see a lot of food go to waste when you are using the recipes. Apart from saving money, the recipes will also help if you or another family member has food allergy. You will be in control of what is prepared in your kitchen, something that will greatly reduce chances of an allergic reaction. Since you can prepare just any kind of meal in your kitchen using the recipes, they can also help bring your family together. When you eat together as a family, your kids and the entire family will be much healthier. In this article, we share with you a recipe for making dark chocolate avocado brownies right from your kitchen.
Dark Chocolate Avocado Brownies
If you thought rich, chocolate brownies cannot be healthy, you are very wrong. Instead of using oil and butter that is used in traditional recipes, you can swap them with avocado for less saturated fat.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 16
- 1 cup of sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 8 ounces of dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of dark cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 ripe avocados (pitted, peeled and mashed until smooth)
How to Prepare
- First, you will need to preheat you oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. After that, you will need to line an 8 by 8 inch cake pan with parchment paper and then spray with cooking spray, and then set it aside.
- Next, you will need to beat the eggs and then combine them with sugar and mix using an electric mixer at medium speed until they become bubbly and fluffy.
- Once you have done that, place chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and then allow them to heat on the HIGH setting in 15 seconds increments. Stir in between until they melt properly.
- While making sure that the mixer is running, add chocolate to the egg mixture and then fold in cocoa, vanilla, salt and flour.
- Add the mashed potatoes to batter and then mix very well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and then allow it to bake for about 30 minutes. The toothpick that is inserted in the center should come out clean.
- Allow the brownies to cool before slicing.
Just because oil and butter are not used to prepare this dark chocolate avocado brownies does not mean that they will not be delicious. In fact, you will not even be able to taste the difference. Just make sure that you choose the best avocados to use for making the brownies. Choose those that are not going to leave a lot of pieces in the batter. That being said, you are definitely going to love the taste of these brownies. You can prepare them and eat with your family or sell them if you are in the food business.