Dark Chocolate Avocado Brownies
I’m not really into healthy baking. My nan used lard in her baking and used to make me extra mixture to lick from the bowl in front of the television. So you can see why I’m not.
I think as long as you don’t stuff your face on a daily basis, you’re good.
Everything in moderation.
However these delicious brownies are flour and butter free. Yep you heard right. They’re healthy brownies.
Okay not healthy, but certainly healthier!
The avocado works in place of the butter and instead of flour, I used ground almonds and cocoa.
So why this sudden change of heart? Because I can’t resist a bargain!
I was in my local supermarket, looking in the reduced section and there were 2 avocados for 10p. I had to buy them.
It was only them I realised that I didn’t actually really like avocados that much. I couldn’t really think of anything to do with them other than guacamole!
Then I remembered that on one of my Pinterest jaunts I’d seen avocado being used in baked goods. And avocado brownies were born!
- 200g good quality dark chocolate
- 2 mashed very ripe avocados
- 4 eggs
- 200g caster sugar
- 60g cocoa powder
- 100g ground almonds
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Pre heat the oven to 180C.
- Grease and line an 8 inch square brownie pan.
- Melt the chocolate and leave it to cool.
- Whisk together the eggs and the sugar until very light and doubled in volume
- Gradually add in the melted chocolate
- Stir in the ground almonds, cocoa powder and vanilla
- Mix in the mashed avocado.
- Pour into the brownie pan.
- Bake at 180C for 20 - 25 minutes
- Cool completely before cutting.
Need Something? I Recommend: