Garlic Sriracha Popcorn
You need this in your life!
I’m serious, this is amazing! Salty, sweet, buttery and spicy. All my favourite things.
What’s better is that it’s pretty healthy as buttery snacks go.
I have such a sweet tooth! For years and years I would only eat sweet popcorn. I don’t just mean cinema style sweet, I mean butterkist toffee popcorn. The kind that sticks to your teeth.
So when I first tried Orville Redenbacher cinema butter popcorn I was not a fan. It was all salty and savoury. Yuck.
Fast forward a while and now I love it! It’s funny how tastes change isn’t it?
How can you step up butter popcorn and make it even tastier. That’s right Garlic Sriracha Popcorn!
It’s so easy to make as well! Pop some butter popcorn in the microwave. Whilst it’s popping, melt butter, sriracha and a little bit of sugar in a pan.
Pour over the popped corn, spread on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes on a low heat. Nobody likes soggy popcorn, so the last bit is essential.
You can use sriracha without extra garlic if you like, but I like it garlicky!
- 1 packet of microwave butter popcorn
- 4 tbsp sriracha (with extra garlic)
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp butter
- Pre heat the oven to 140C
- Pop the popcorn according to the directions.
- Meanwhile combine the sriracha, brown sugar and butter in a pan and melt until combined.
- Spread out the popcorn on a lined baking tray.
- Pour over the sriracha mixture.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
Need Something? I Recommend:
Fancy going old school? How cute is this? Vintage Style Popcorn Maker.