Using recipes to learn how to cook is not a waste of time like some people usually think it is. You will be learning skills that you will use your entire life. If you grasp how a certain meal is prepared, there is no way you are going to forget the method after many years to come. Whether you are a professional chef or an amateur cook, you can still benefit from recipes. There is always a new meal that you can learn how to cook even if you know how to prepare many already. If you are new to cooking, you can find an easier and more affordable way to get the meals that usually cost you a lot of money in restaurants. There is no need of limiting yourself to a few basic meals when you can get many recipes for free online and vary your diet the way you want. In this article, we take a look at how mini maple glazed butternut squash donuts for #sundaysupper are prepared.
Mini Maple Glazed Butternut Squash Donuts #SundaySupper
You are going to love these donuts because of the wonderful flavor combination that they feature. They are perfect for Sunday supper when taken with hot coffee or black tea.
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 6
- 1/4 cup of pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups of butternut squash puree
- 1 1/4 cups of light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of ground Allspice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 3/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 2 tablespoons of butter (melted)
- 3 tablespoons of quick oats
How to Prepare
- You will start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- And then beat together the oil, eggs, syrup, sugar, spice, squash, salt, and baking powder in a stand mixer until they are smooth.
- After that, add flour to the mixture and stir slowly until they are all incorporated.
- Once you have done that, fill the wells of the greased donut pans to about 3/4 full.
- You will need to put the sugar, oats and flour in a bowl and then mix them together. After you have done that, add the butter and then mix using a fork until the mixture becomes crumbly.
- Take about a teaspoon of the crumble and then sprinkle it evenly over each donut.
- And then allow the donuts to bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. The toothpick you inserted in the center of the donuts should come out clean.
- Remove the donuts from the oven and then wait for a few minutes before you take them out of the pan.
- Lift each one of them from the pan gently using a small spatula and then put on them on a cooling rack and allow them to cool completely before serving.
This mini maple glazed butternut squash donuts are a sweet treat that you definitely want to try especially during supper time on a Sunday. To make them sweeter, you can sprinkle some powdered sugar over the tops before serving them. They are not troublesome at all to prepare and cook.