Mini Caramel Pumpkin Donuts
Once upon a time a pumpkin and a donut went off and had some quiet time with music and candles. Soon after a stalk came and bought them beautiful pumpkin donut babies. These pumpkin donut babies were so special that the donut and the pumpkin parents decided to dress them in a cinnamon glaze and pumpkin caramel sauce.
Then Miss Messy and her housemates at them all! Mwa ha ha.
Instalment 3 of ‘make the people of Britain like pumpkin’. Catchy huh? If you have no ideas what I’m on about click here.
My Spiced Pumpkin Caramel Sauce seemed to go down pretty well, even being tweeted about by the Bitchin Kitchen team! I was far to excited about this, since Nadia G is who I want to be in life, she is too cool.
So, I decided to combine the sauce with something else great: donuts!
They came out better than I could have expected.
The added bonus of them being mini means that you can eat 4 and feel less guilty.
So Britain (and anti pumpkiners), what do you think?
These are a double pumpkin threat, pumpkin donuts, with pumpkin caramel sauce. Can you get on board?
Don’t worry if you’re not convinced yet, I am more than willing to continue trying by inventing many more pumpkin recipes! I’m just that selfless.
No, really, I take no pleasure from eating all this pumpkin goodness! Ehem.
Need a mini donut pan? (Everybody does!) This is the one I use. I love it and prefer it to my silicone one!
- 1 egg
- 80g light brown sugar
- 120g pumpkin puree
- 25ml sunflower oil
- 70g plain flour
- 1/2tsp baking powder
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1/2tsp ginger
- dash of nutmeg
- 1/4tsp salt
- 60g icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1-2tbsp milk
- 6tbsp Spiced Pumpkin Caramel. Recipe link in notes.
- Pre heat the oven to 180C.
- Grease a mini donut pan.
- Mix together the sugar, egg, pumpkin puree and oil until well combined.
- Sieve in the dry ingredients and mix together.
- Spoon into a piping bag and cut a small hole in the end.
- Pipe into mini donut pan, half filling the cavities.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes until firm to touch.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Once donuts have cooled, sieve icing sugar and cinnamon into a large bowl.
- Mix in the milk a little at a time until a consistency is reached which the donuts can be dipped into.
- Dip each donut in top side down until half the donut is covered.
- Turn over and leave to dry on a wire rack.
- Once all the donuts have been dipped in the glaze drizzle or pipe on the caramel to finish.
- Serve the same day for best results.
- Pumpkin Caramel Recipe: http://www.messmakesfood.com/spiced-pumpkin-caramel-sauce/
- You can make the donuts 2 days in advance and ice and drizzle on the day of serving. Store them in an airtight tin. Or make them well ahead and freeze and then defrost and top on the day of serving.