Mini Gingerbread Donuts with White Chocolate Cinnamon Glaze
Mini Gingerbread Donuts
So I’m well and truly on the mini donut train. I have a whole list of recipes I want to make. They’re just so cute and really easy too! Who could say no?
I went through a bit of a ginger stage making gingerbread pancakes, chewy ginger biscuits and gingerbread muffins. My boyfriend loves ginger and since he bought me the mini donut pan I thought this recipe would be perfect.
These little morsels of ginger goodness could be served plain, but I mixed up some white chocolate with cinnamon and it made a deliciously sweet topping.
Dipping them all in without loosing bits of the donut was quite time consuming, so if you’re in a rush they would look and taste just as good being drizzled with the chocolate.
I topped off the donuts with some teeny tiny gold sprinkles. Everything is better with sprinkles. Am I right?
- 130g plain flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1/2tsp baking soda
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1/2tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp all spice
- 60g soft light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 60ml sunflower oil
- 2tbsp golden syrup
- 3tbsp milk
- 3tbsp melted butter
- 100g white chocolate
- 2tsp of cinnamon
- Pre heat the oven to 180C.
- Grease and flour a mini donut pan.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine the wet ingredients with a whisk.
- Mix together the wet and dry ingredients until fully combined.
- Transfer into a piping bag with a medium sized nozzle.
- Fill the mini donut pan holes half full.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes until firm to touch.
- Melt the white chocolate in a large bowl in the microwave or over a saucepan or boiling water.
- Stir in the cinnamon.
- Dip in the donuts halfway one at a time and shake off excess.
- Sprinkle on sprinkles!