Nutella and Coconut Mini Muffins
I have some very exciting news. This Sunday I will be opening my very own Etsy shop!
I’ll leave you all in suspense about what I’ll be selling, so stay tuned. I’m really excited though, I’ve been planning it for months.
I have all my packaging ordered, business cards printed, logos designed and stickers made up. I didn’t realise how much work it would be! But it’s been fun too!
I made these little muffins today as a celebration for all the work. They’re cute aren’t they? I little bit of indulgence. I adore coconut and can easily sit and eat half a tub of nutella with a teaspoon.
These are perfect on a coffee break. Teeny tiny, but packed full of flavour. Of course, you probably won’t be able to stop at one. Five or six yes, but only eating one is difficult to do!
- 150g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 190g plain flour
- 2tsp baking powder
- 50g dessicated coconut (plus extra for topping)
- 60ml sunflower oil
- 180ml milk
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 5tbsp nutella
- Pre heat the oven to 180C.
- Grease a mini muffin tin.
- Mix together the egg and sugar until combined.
- Next mix in the flour, coconut and baking powder. This will form a stiff paste.
- Next whisk in the oil.
- When that is combined whisk in the milk and vanilla essence until just combined and smooth.
- Divide between the mini muffin holes.
- Place a dollop on nutella on top of each hole of batter and swirl in with a skewer then sprinkle with coconut.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until firm to touch.