Food recipes can definitely boost your cooking skills in the kitchen. They can also promote healthy eating for you and your entire family. If you are not taking advantage of them yet, you should think of doing so. If you search on the internet, you will find an endless number of recipes that you can use to prepare any dish you want, including those fancy meals that you occasionally eat at restaurants. From the recipes, you will be provided with the ingredients and comprehensive guides for preparing the meals. You will not feel stuck because everything you need to use and do will be properly laid out for you. One particular recipe that you need to consider trying is sticky gingerbread and apple loaf for #sundaysupper. It is a delicious and easy to make autumn cake that is packed with apples and ginger. Read on for ingredients and directions for preparing it.
Sticky Gingerbread and Apple Loaf
If you prepare this loaf and you cannot manage to eat all of it right away, you do not need to worry because it does not go bad for a couple of days. If it wrapped in a cling film, it can last for five days. Another thing that you will love about it is that it gets tastier with age.
- Preparation time: 30 minutes
- Cooking time: 50 minutes
- Servings: 12
- 150 grams of unsalted butter
- 150 grams of soft, dark brown sugar
- 200 ml of buttermilk
- 100 grams of golden syrup
- 2 ounces of treacle
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of apple pie spice
- 250 grams of plain flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 100 grams of walnuts (toasted and roughly chopped)
- 2 large eggs
- 8 1/2 ounces of eating apples (cubed)
- 8 pieces crystalized ginger (roughly chopped)
How to Prepare
- First, you will need to pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and then butter the bottom and sides of a loaf tin that weighs 2 pounds with baking parchment.
- Using a small saucepan, you will need to melt the butter, golden syrup, dark brown sugar and the treacle and then stir in the buttermilk. After that, set it aside to cool.
- Sift together the flour, ground ginger, apple pie spice and the baking powder in a large bowl. In the center of the bowl, make a well to pour in the wet mixture.
- You will need to stir everything in the bowl gently and then add eggs, walnuts, apples and crystalized ginger after nearly all the flour has disappeared. Continue mixing gently until the dry ingredients have disappeared.
- After that, you will need to pour the mixture into the prepared loaf tin and allow it to bake for about 50 minutes. The cake tester that you will have inserted in the center should come out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool from the tin for about ten minutes and then transfer it to the parchment paper to cool completely. After making sure that it is cold, you will need to wrap more parchment paper and then leave it in a tin that has a tight-fitting lid overnight. Serve the loaf the next day after all flavors have developed fully.
There is no denying that this sticky gingerbread and apple loaf is very delicious, but you will never know until you try it. Just make sure that you keep it in a cool place away from sunlight for it to last. If you put it in a tight-fitting tin, it can last for up to five days.