It is without doubt that eating homemade meals is much cheaper compared to buying processed foods from the market or eating at restaurants. You do not need to go to a culinary class to be able to prepare nice, home cooked meals. You can take advantage of food recipes that are provided online free of charge to prepare any meal you want in your kitchen. By cooking your own meals, you will be getting a lot of benefits. Apart from the money savings that you will get in the process, you will reduce the risk of allergic reactions and sensitivities. Since you will be in control of what goes into the food you will prepare, you will avoid using ingredients that you or another family member is allergic to. You will control the salts and fats that go into your meals and avoid the illnesses related to them.
To help you get started with home cooking, here is a recipe for preparing banana and nutella blondies.
Banana and Nutella Blondies
If you are trying to cut down on eating sweets and need something healthy that is close to their taste, you need to try these banana and nutella blondies. You can prepare them as a treat to your family any day of the week.
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 25 minutes
- Servings: 15
- 180g of butter (melted)
- 1 1/2 cups of firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups of self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup of nutella or choc-hazelnut spread
- 2 bananas
How to Prepare
- First, you will need to preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius and then line a 32 by 22 cm slice tin with baking paper and then set it aside.
- After that, you will need to put the melted butter and brown sugar in a medium bowl and then lightly whisk them together until they are combined.
- Add vanilla and eggs and then mix them well. After that, fold the flour into the egg mixture using a metal spoon until they are combined. Be careful not to over mix.
- Once you have done that, you will need to mash the bananas and then fold it into the batter to combine.
- Pour the batter into the tin you prepared earlier and then drop small bits of nutella all over the surface of the batter using a teaspoon. Stir and swirl nutella gently through the mixture to leave a mottled or marbled effect.
- After that, bake the cake for about 20 to 25 minutes until the top part feels firm to the touch. Be careful not to over-bake the cake because it may lose taste or collapse or crack as it cools.
- Allow it to cool in the tin on a rack and slice it into 15 squares.
This may look like a fairly standard recipe, but when you give it a try, you will definitely be using it again. It is a perfect recipe for someone who loves preparing sweet treats for their family every now and then. For the best taste, allow the blondies for chill for long.