You do not need to be an expert cook in order to prepare breathtaking meals in your kitchen. Using food recipes, you can prepare just about any delicacy you want as long as you have the required ingredients. It can take as little as fifteen minutes to prepare a meal that you had no idea you could prepare. Whether you are someone who wants to shed a few pounds, increase weight, or maintain your figure, there is a recipe that is perfectly suited for you. You can use the recipes to spice up your regular meals and get more nutrients that are beneficial to your body.
To get you started with the recipes, you need to give a try this one for preparing basbousa with rose syrup for #sundaysupper.
Basbousa with Rose Syrup
This recipe is incredibly easy to prepare. You will not sweat through it at all. Apart from being great for Sunday supper, it is also a perfect recipe for parties and gatherings.
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 40 minutes
- Servings: 5
- 200gm of butter, melted
- 400ml of milk, condensed
- 5 teaspoons of baking powder
- 300gm of semolina
- 100gm of ground almonds
- 250ml of water
- 200gm of sugar
- 180ml of water
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of rose water
- 1 tablespoon of ground almonds
How to Prepare
- You will need to preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and then grease a nine-inch baking pan with butter. You can also line the pan with parchment paper. After doing that, set the pan aside.
- Put the semolina, baking powder and sugar in a mixing bowl and lightly whisk them together. After that, add yogurt to the mixture and stir well to combine, and then add the melted butter in order to make a thick batter.
- Put the batter into the pan you prepared earlier and then smooth it with a spatula. Create visible score marks on the batter using a sharp knife and then arrange a blanched almond in the portions.
- Allow it to bake for about 35 to 40 minutes. If you notice paleness in the cake after baking it, you will simply need to broil it for about thirty seconds. The crust should turn golden.
- As the cake continues to bake, take sugar, dried rose petals and water and put them in a saucepan. Reduce the temperature of the pan to a boil and then allow it to cook for about 5 to 10 minutes until it thickens slightly. It should be able to coat a spoon that is dipped in it.
- Mix the lemon juice and then strain in order to remove the rose petals. Just in case you are using rose water, you will need to add it together with the lemon juice and then set it aside to cool slightly.
- After making sure that the semolina cake is baked properly, you will need to remove it from the oven and then allow it to cool in the pan for about five minutes. After that, you will need to run your knife along score marks you created earlier to slice the cake.
- Once you have done that, pour the syrup over cake when it is still hot and allow it to stay for about an hour so that it can be absorbed and then serve the slices while warm.
This basbousa with rose syrup will be a really nice dessert for a special dinner. You can get creative with it as you like. For instance, instead of using lemon and rose, you can use vanilla or orange blossom water. It is best when served with black tea or coffee.