Looking to buy the best gas grills 2017? You've come to the right place.
Whenever craving the delicious smoky flavor of your special outdoor grilling meals, choosing gas grills will always the perfect selection for your year-round cooking.
In the same meaning, the perfect of impromptu barbecues and well-planned backyard meals must include the essential and focal point.
By the time the first high-quality gas grills lasting you for years to years, you always want to make wise selection. Therefore, we made the legwork to giving you five of the best ones that are available on the market, coming from reputable brands such as Charbroil, Coleman and Weber. Check out their features and choose yourself a best gas grill that reaches what you needs.
Basics of Gas Grill
Gas grill is a classification of barbeque grill that cooks food from the heat source below it. Also known as gas-fueled grills, they come in different varieties in terms of the fuel source and size.
- Fuel source: As far as fuel sources are concerned, gas grills typically feature propane (LP) or natural gas (NG), or both. They are better than charcoal grills, since they can be used for direct cooking or indirect cooking (heating grills to cook food). They can be converted from one source to another.
- Size: Gas grills are available in several different sizes, from single steak to large. In our gas grills reviews 2017 below, we’ve discussed small to medium size grills that can accommodate limited number of people.
- Design: What you normally see today is a cart-grill design. In this concept, grill unit is attached to a frame that holds a fuel tank and features wheels on one leg. Moreover, there are side tables supported by wheeled frame, for added space and convenience.
Before coming up with these gas grills reviews, we made sure each of them went successfully through our tests conducted in backyards and labs. Testing criteria involves temperature distribution vs. mentioned temperature, preheat speeds, assembly time, built-in gauges and more.
Moreover, we’ve also analyzed design features, cooking convenience, portability, adaptability, and construction of each model. We considered what customers had to say about each of these gas grills and took into account “help and support” factor as well. Since, gas grills are meant to be with you for a long time, price of the product was given least priority, but we haven’t disregard it entirely.
Top 5 Best Gas Grills 2017
Take a look at this sleek yet transitional gas grill that’s available online at a decent price. Coleman Road Trip Propana Portable Grill LXE comes in different color, each at a different price, but this red one is the most economical of the lot.
- First of all, we all know gas grills are large and heavy items to carry. No matter how good they are, their weight and size can be a hindrance. So, this model makes sure you can take it with you without any hesitation. It features a portable design, can be folded and has sturdy wheels so that you can drag it easily on any surface. The foldable model is compact enough to fit in any type of vehicle.
- The cookpots are interchangeable, giving you options to cook different food types for large number of people.
- Traditional gas grills pose safety threats as you try to start them. But Coleman Road Trip LXE Gas Grill offers Instastart ignition. It has a push button to give you a smooth start and matchless lighting.
- With best gas grills, you expect consistent and smooth performance. Coleman Road Trip Propana Grill LXE features PerfectFlow technology for consistent performance in almost every outdoor condition.
- You don’t have to look for additional table or chair to put your tools, as the gas grill is equipped with sliding tables to resolve this issues. Just slide them back to their place for compact storage.
- Convenience wise, Coleman LXE is one of the top rated gas grills. It takes just a few seconds to stand the entire equipment and get ready for BBQ. The surface is coated with porcelain and cast-iron. Moreover, the grease tray is removable, so you can clean it separately.
- The gas grills offers considerable power. It offers 20,000 BTU’s which means, your Barbeque will be prepared in no time.
- The gas grill has sufficient space to cook for up to 4 people at a time. It offers a grill area of 285 sq. inch, which is good for limited number of items.
- It is tailor made for outdoor activities. You can use it for picnicking, tailgating and camping.
- You may find grates a little bit different. There is no spacing in between, so you need to keep the flames close to grates.
- This model cooks the food quickly, but the downside is, it requires some maintenance. The design accounts for excess grease build up on the grates and grill, so you need to spend more time in cleaning it.
Weber is the top rated brand in gas grill industry. For years, they have been producing great models for both in-house and outdoor cooking. Weber 46110001 Spirit E210 Liquid Propane Gas Grill is one dream product from the makers, and following features will tell you why.
- Performance-wise, Weber Spirit E210 is the most powerful gas grill around. It offers up to 26,500 BTU/hr. That means, you’ll wrap up your cooking fairly quickly.
- Construction-wise, this is one of the best gas grills. Weber Spirit E210 features cast-iron cooking grates that are porcelain-enameled. Plus its flavorizer bars are also porcelain-enameled. The gas grill has two stainless steel burners and stainless steel side tables that are foldable. This calls for durability, quick-cleaning and cooking safety.
- Weber E210 offers electronic crossover ignition system. That means there is no need to use matches to light it up. Just push the button and it will light up. Now that’s convenience for you!
- The top rated gas grill offers full range of accessories. If you buy LP model, you’ll get a fuel gauge. Other accessories include manufacturer’s manual, grilling guide and 6 tool hooks.
- Finally, the limited warranty completes the product features, making it the best one-time investment.
- Cast aluminum cook boxes of Weber E210 are far more durable than those of other models. They require less maintenance and care. They can bare high temperatures. So, you can cook any food type in them.
- Weber’s cooking grates are available in three materials; porcelain-enameled cast-iron, porcelain-enameled steel and stainless steel. Each material has a capability of retaining heat and cook the food thoroughly and quickly. They are also easier to clean.
- High-grade stainless steel burners add to the durability of gas grill. Plus they feature controls for direct or indirect heat. There is a space between burners so that the cooking grate can be heated entirely. Finally, burner valves offer infinite control settings.
- When it comes to flavor and taste of grilled food, you wouldn’t get any better than the one coming out of Weber Spirit E210 Glass Grill. Flavorizer bars are angled so that they can catch the smoke and liquid to add flavor to the food. The vapors in excess funnel away from the burner tube, preventing any chance of clogging in burner tubes.
- The gas grill is quite heavy, weighing over 110 pounds. So, you cannot take it outdoors.
- Price may be the only concern for customers with tight budget. But when you look at the performance, durability and low maintenance, you may want to stretch your budget a bit.
If you’re concerned about power output, and are looking for a high-performance yet portable model, Char-Broil Classic 4-Burner Gas Grill can meet your requirements. It is durable, powerful, spacious and very sophisticated. Let’s talk about it!
- Starting with performance, Char-Broil 4-Burner Gas Grill so far is leading the show. It can operate up to 40,000 BTU. Moreover, it has a side burner that delivers 10,000 BTU’s. In short, it’s a strong contender for the top position in the list of best rated gas grills of 2017.
- The gas grill features stainless steel material and has dimensions of 45.5 inches x 21 inches x 56 inches. This goes to show that the product is not only durable, but offers 660 sq. inches for cooking different food types at the same time.
- When it comes to durability and convenience, Char-Broil 4-Burner Gas Grill is more than a trustworthy option. Apart from the stainless steel body, it features cast-iron grates that are porcelain-coated. Swings are also porcelain coated.
- The gas grill features lid, control panel, handle and fascia; all made of pure stainless steel. So, the equipment does not require too much time to be cleaned with damped cloth. It remains cool on high temperature, so you don’t face any threat of burning your hands.
- There are metal painted shelves at either side, offering additional space to put your tools. Plus, there is no need to use match for ignition. The gas grill has electronic ignition system that produces a spark with a single push of a button.
- To give you a smooth and safe start, Char-Broil 4-Burner Gas Grill comes with a user manual.
- Finally, you’re getting manufacturer’s warranty with this purchase, to be precise, burner is backed by 5-year warranty; firebox and lid have 2-year warranty and remaining components have 1-year warranty.
- The gas grill is far more spacious than other models in the market. It offers primary cooking area of 480 sq. inches. Moreover, you’ll get 180 sq. inches of secondary cooking on swings.
- Porcelain-coated grates and swings make this gas grill more durable and convenient. Normally, porcelain-coated cast-iron grates are being used in high-end models, because they can withstand extremely high temperatures, and they can be cleaned quickly as well.
- No other gas grills under $200 can be as convenient, spacious and powerful as Char-Broil 4-Burner Stainless Steel Gas Grill. Normally, you get up to 3-year warranty, but this models offers a burner with 5-year warranty.
- Char-Broil 4-Burner should be your first choice if you’re concerned about price, but don’t want to compromise on performance, efficiency and durability. Other models with similar attributes can easily go beyond $400.
- The gas grill is quite powerful and durable. Stainless steel material and 4 burners account for a total product weight of 90+ pounds. So, you need some effort to drag it out in your backyard for a barbeque party. It has two wheel though, so it wouldn’t damage your floor.
If you’re looking for one of the best rated gas grills online, Char-Broil Classic 280 2-Burner Gas Grill in Black is the one you should go for. The gas grill is portable, durable, stylish, and most importantly, more convenient than other similar models online. Let’s take a look at some of its features.
- The traditional looking gas grill is colored in black, so it can complement any given outfit. It is 41.5 inches high, 49 inches wide and 19 inches in length from front to back. The product weighs just 37 pounds, and that’s because of the Aluminum material.
- The gas grill has a powerful and durable heating unit. It offers up to 26,500 BTU per hour. The steel lid as well as firebox are coated with porcelain, so they can withstand any temperature.
- Wire grates are porcelain coated. They offer spacious cooking area of 280 square inches. That means, you can cook for 4 people at once.
- The gas grill features side shelves made of hard plastic, giving extra workspace. The shelves have built-in tool hooks and handles as well.
- The gas grill features Piezo ignition system that offers spark as you push the button.
- Finally, you’re getting limited warranty and manufacturer’s manual with purchase.
- Normally, portable and lightweight gas grills don’t go beyond 20,000 BTU per hour, but Char-Broil Classic 280 offers standardized power – up to 26,500 BTU per hour. That’s because of the durable aluminum material that can withstand high temperature.
- There are 2 burners in the model and they are quite durable as well. Char-Broil 2-Burner Classic 280 may not match the quality of high-end gas grills, but it still is sturdier than most models within similar price range.
- Considering the price, the gas grill is quite within the reach of all types of customers. If you’ve not used gas grills before, Char-Broil 280 Gas Grill can give you a perfect start.
- The gas grill has plastic side tables, unlike other models that feature porcelain-coated metal tables. In one way, they’re reliable, but we know that plastic is vulnerable on high temperature.
- This gas grill will be a good investment for you if you intend to replace it after 2 – 3 years. It’s certainly not last any longer.
If you are looking for a lightweight gas grill that offers reasonable heat and runs on natural gas, you’re thinking about Weber 57077001 Q3200 Natural Gas Grill.
- The gas grill offers up to 21,700 BTU per hour, thanks to the two high-profile stainless steel burners.
- Capacity wise, Weber Q3200 is more spacious than other 2-burner gas grills in the market. It features a cooking area of 393 sq. inches.
- Talking about sturdiness and resistance to heat, this gas grill has cast iron body and lid. Moreover, those cast-iron cooking grates are porcelain-coated. So, you’re getting an efficient and convenient cooking tool.
- The gas grill features grill out handle light, just in case, you’re cooking in a low light.
- The burner features infinite control valve, so that you can cook at the precise temperature as per your desire. Plus, there is a built-in electronic ignite system that gives you a smooth start.
- Among additional accessories, there is a built-in thermometer to keep you updated with current temperature, 3 tool hooks for storage, and there is a bracket at the back to secure one grate or griddle.
- The gas grill has dimensions of 30 inch x 50 inch x 55.5 inch and it weighs 85 pounds.
- If you’re looking for an outdoor gas grill that’s not only portable but offers larger capacity, then you should try Weber Q3200. It offers 393 sq. inches of cooking space. That’s almost 113 sq. inches more than average outdoor gas grill with two burners.
- The gas grill has a natural gas hose that can attached to your supply line. Since natural gas used in homes is cheaper than electricity, the gas grill will help save handsome amount every month. Moreover, due to consistent supply, you can have grilled snacks, meat and other food items anytime you like. No need for an occasion!
- You can also replace one of its grates with Q-3000 series griddles to get a combination of grate and griddle.
- The product does feature two wheels for smooth dragging, but at the same time, it’s heavier than other models in the market.
- Price may be a downside of this model, but Weber’s gas grills are far sturdier and long-lasting compared to other models in the market.
3 Things Ought To Know Before Purchasing a Gas Grill
When testing the new grills, in particular, the gas and charcoal, we utilize them the same as you, including, steaks, heat, slow cooking, or grill. Everything is typically tested. And then, we recognize that a couple of things about the grills should be known by any shoppers:
- Gas grills & charcoal grills
With the charcoal grills, the taste of the foods cannot deny. The foods will be provided with the smoky flavor and an intense – both are difficult to match. Nevertheless, it is not easy to build a coal fire. On the contrary, although the gas grills do not offer the similar flavor, the time to start is quicker. At once, the control is also easier.
- It does not need to spend too much
We always know that between the price and performance are not the correlation. This one is only true when your selection is the charcoal grills. With a gas grill, there are many features that you need to have to pay attention to when looking for one.
- Let’s consider the size a careful manner!
If possible, you should pick up a gas grill with four burners. Although you will have to take much time to heat as well as using a lot of propane, those who often have the large outside parties – it is a perfect choice. Inversely, you only grill for many small crowds. Is it right? Well, the models including two or three burners are better.
What Features You Should Consider When Buying a Gas Grill
Would you like to purchase a gas grill? You are able to go to the store of the kitchen appliance or find via the newspaper. Simply, you can also buy online, depending on your preference. Nevertheless, looking at a char-broil, weber, dozen, BTU, and many other features makes you confused when you did not get used to hearing for. So, we will help you out!
- Price – It is certain that you also know the golden rule – you will get what you paid for. If you are looking a gas grill at the local store, you can be going to see the price of it ranging from $100 - $500. Nevertheless, a couple of models can raise up to $10,000. Accordingly, you ought to consider deciding which one is to suit your needs. In fact, you shall have countless choices of grills on the market today from any stores. Consequently, when you have a typical number in your spending, you will be able to narrow your finding.
- Fuel – The next issue you need to consider – the fuel. First of all, you want natural gas or propane. If your selection is natural gas, a gas line will position of the grill. A great number of the model may operate one of two configurations. However, you cannot change a natural gas into a propane and otherwise. Even though the grills have released more and more nowadays, not many lower options have supported the natural gas feature. Based on the price, you can get the conversion kits ~ $50 and $100. Let’s remember that you will save your budget for trips to the propane outlet.
- Material – You do not think nothing of the material. The main body needs to be designed with the good material if you want to use for a long time. Basically, the body of the gas grill is made from the aluminum, cast iron, stainless steel, or sheet metal. In there, the stainless material is the most expensive and enjoyable, but it is not necessary that all stainless steel is similar. Aside from the body part, you also need to consider the frame. Actually, no less the stainless steel grills are rusted. When choosing to buy one, the best is to find carefully. Another rule ought to know – the aluminum will last in comparison with the stainless steel.
- Size – After you consider these above factors, you continue learning about the size. When mentioning this feature, the right size as your need is important – what do you want to cook? And how many people? In case you intend to cook a big chicken or over 40 sausages, a large grill ought to be on your list. Conversely, if you just cook the small meals or simple dishes, you should pick up a smaller grill. Apart from, you also need to consider your living space.
- Features – You’d like to have a side burner, wouldn’t you? What about a smoker box, cooking surface, light, side burner, or anything that you want to add to one gas grill. Let’s remember that a fundamental grill will always have the essential features. With the extra characteristics, you rarely use. The more the features are the more expensive the cost will be, so you just need to purchase what you’d like to.
- Heat – We want to say to the BTU rating, which is used to measure the amount of heat that the burner creates. It is not necessary that more the heat will be created when a grill is higher BTUs. Essentially, it is only a factor creating the heat. Based on the grill size, the amount of the heat will be distributed and hold. It avoids buying a gas grill because of a higher BTU. Let’s compare this number with the shape and size of the chosen grill. As a whole, the compact grills may provide the higher-cooking temperature whether the BTU number is low.
- Durability – The use time of the gas grill is decided by the materials, the quality of the essential parts, and the thickness of metal. Nevertheless, the greatest part of the lifespan of the grill is still based on how to maintain it. Though the better a gas grill is the longer the lifespan will be lasted, you may also use a cheap one for a long time if you maintain carefully.
About Purchasing a Gas Grill – Top 7 Related Questions You Need to Know
A propane or gas grill may be your big investment. Just like any other type of home appliances, the grills have countless models so that you can consider. Correspondingly, it is not easy to judge a right one your demand. Here are the common questions that most customers usually wonder:
Question #1 – Propane or natural gas?
It is taken from underground petroleum. The natural gas is sent to house yours via a system of piping. Alternatively, propane is also a natural fuel, but it goes via a process of the treatment and distillation before being placed in the tanks hooked up to your grill. In comparison with the natural gas, propane is to burn at a higher temperature. Of course, the fuel in the tank – the BTUs are put more than the quantity of natural gas.
Basically, you ought to consider which one is the most convenient for you. The natural gas with the convenience and the affordable cost or the propane grill with many portability?
Question #2 – How many BTUs do you need?
British Thermal Unit – BTU is used to measure the amount of the heat that a grill has produced. At first glance, a grill along with the high BTUs sounds the better choice because it may make the hotter heat. Is it right? It is not necessary. When buying a grill, you should compare the BTUs with the size of the chosen grill. A good suggestion for you is 80-100 BTUs/inch of a cooking space. The more BTUs the grill has the quicker the fuel will be burnt. Therefore, it will be wise to find the BTUs according to your cooking need.
The materials and the weight of the grate are also as vital as the BTUs. It requires the lid that must fit. The heavier construction is good – it means that keeping the heat is more efficient. Like that, you don’t also need more the amount of the BTUs (80-100)/inch of a cooking space.
Question #3 – How many gas burners do you need
The more the burners are the more diversified the grill is. It allows you to cook a variety of dishes at the different-heating levels at once. Frequently, you are easy to find a lot of gas grills along with 3 burners. With these models, you can process two jobs at the same time. For instance, you might roast several delicate peppers over a low heat while searing a steak at a higher heat. With an outdoor cooking, that is sufficient. Nevertheless, you can also find a gas grill with 4 or 6 burners – it is extremely flexible for cooking.
Question #4 – You need a side burner, don’t you?
The answer depends on the amount of barbecue that you intend, especially, if you’d like to add a little sauce for topping or basting at reaching arm. The majority of the outdoor cooks with a side burner is ideal for warming up side dishes and sauces. However, they are not necessary for a good option for cooking the serious dishes. You will not be easy to control the temperature of the side burners an accurate way. A side burner is appreciated great when you feel uncomfortable with trips to your kitchen for side dishes and sauce.
Question #5 – A rotisserie is necessary, isn’t it?
The answer is “No”, though you can make the fantastic result, thanks to a rotisserie. It can say that spit-roasting is the oldest method of a good-cooking reason. Most people consider juicier meats if you cook on a rotisserie. Let’s find the materials, which are sturdy and strong, along with a last built-in motor. Don’t forget the weight in order that you will not overwhelm the rotisserie with plenty of meats.
Question #6 – Convection or infrared?
You will be amazing for your barbecue when using the infrared technology. Using the convection to cook can make your food dry because of hot-circulating air. In the contrary, by using the infrared waves, this technology heats the food a direct manner as well as reducing the circulation of the air. It means that the cooking time is faster and the food is also kept more moisture. If you are worried about the infrared burning your foods, in particular, the vegetables, it is not the problem because the temperature is adjustable.
Question #7 – What size of the grill do you need?
The size is always an issue when choosing to purchase a gas grill. Initially, you must determine how many people you will cook. Basically, it is the average about the 72-square-inch room on the grill grate for everyone eating. If you do not increase, that will be the size of a lunch plate. When mentioning to the size, it ensures that your chosen grill must have at least 12-inch headspace between the inside of the lid and the grate of cooking. Like that, your cooking will become more flexible.
Using a Gas Grill – 5 Common Mistakes You Need to Avoid
No one can deny the benefits of using a gas grill for the outdoor meals. It makes your grilling become friendlier and simpler than ever before. Nonetheless, to avoid using a wrong way, there are some mistakes that users should not follow.
#1. Non-preheating the grill
Don’t think that a gas grill does not need to preheat. Although it is attractive to cooking immediately, you also need to transfer the heat on the grates before putting your foods on here. Not only your dish will look more attractive but also it contributes to preventing the sticking of the food on the grates.
*Note: When turning on the gas grill, you must preheat it for 10-15 minutes before beginning cooking.
#2. Starting with a dirty grill
To use the grill a nice way for the next times, you must clean, wash, and maintain your gas grill – it is very vital. This one helps prevent the food that sticks to the grates.
*Note: Let’s wait for your grill cool a bit, but the warm is still in order to make sure the non-harden foods on the grates.
#3. Not utilizing these dials to control the heat
Let’s stop cranking up the dials! It must know that hotter is not entirely good. In case you grill vegetables or meats over the very hot heat, the outside of the food will be burnt while the inside can be unripe. Instead of setting all burners at the high level, you ought to set one side at the high heat and others at the lower level. In this way, after transferring the food to the cool side, you are able to sear it on the hottest side.
*Note: It just turns the dial on a high burner when others are entirely off; in a case of on, they must be set at low heat. The purpose is to make two temperature zones cook.
#4. Continue lifting the lid while cooking
Actually, it is difficult not to peek, but you ought to know that the more closed the food is, the faster the food will be cooked. Once you open the lid frequently, the heat will escape out of – the cooking time will last longer.
*Note: Naturally, you also need to check your food, but it lets limit the number of opening the lid.
#5. Not be enough propane
Perhaps, the worst thing when utilizing a gas grill is the propane running halfway. No one wants their half-baked dish. Accordingly, you must always keep your eyes on the propane gas during the process of grilling; especially, when it becomes low. It always ensures that the valve is closed a tight way after using to avoid the leakage. It will be ideal when adding full of the fuel on the tank to store as a backup.
*Note: Keeping your eyes on the gauge of the tank when getting low – tighten the valve after utilizing – store a backup with a full tank.
A Gas Grill – How to Maintain
It will not take much time to keep your gas grill as the first shape. Here are some of the tips, which help you to maintain your model safely and successfully in many years. Let’s see!
- It regularly checks the leakage of the propane. Every month, you should run a little soapy water through the gas line – you must turn on the propane. The leakage is formed if you recognize the bubbles. One is to tighten the connection unless you must replace the new line.
- It covers your gas grill when you are not using it. The majority of the brands come with a cover and you must buy it. However, this one is necessary for protecting your appliance from the harmful agents – dust, dirt, or water, for example.
- Let’s clean your grill a regular way! Aside from cleaning the details as below, you should also clean the dirty positions after utilizing. For instance, you ought to brush the grates as well as wiping the body of the grill. Ideally, grilling up the high temperature for fifteen minutes per week – you can remove the excessive gunk. In this way, the grime will also not build up so much.
After revealing all secrets about the best gas grill 2017, we believe that you will have an objective view on this model. Obviously, it is not difficult to choose as well as looking for one for yourself. Based on the above gas grill reviews, its great features may not deny. Certainly, your outdoor parties will be less happy if it is short of a gas grill.