Looking for the best toaster oven? You’ve come to the right place.
Toaster ovens are very versatile and will definitely be useful to anyone who loves to cook and eat. Who wants to crank up a huge oven when all you want is to heat up some pizza? But the use of toaster ovens does not end with, well, toasting. It can also be used in a ton of other things. And can you trust just about anything when it comes to that? Nope! That is why we listed down the best toaster oven for 2017!
Now, as you know when picking the best of anything, we all have different perspectives. You can pick LeBron James as the best basketball player and your friend can disagree and say that Stephen Curry is the best. It is all a matter of perspective and where you put your judgment upon. We will also help you pick out what toaster oven is the best for you according to use and of course, the most important, based on your budget!
Well, if you haven’t tried this kitchen item before, it’s a good time to learn in detail on this post. Or, if you’re already using one, our toaster oven reviews 2017 will help you find a better alternative for your kitchen.
Best Toaster Oven Reviews 2017
As I have said, we will be giving you options that will surely fit no matter what price range you are working on. You do not have to worry about unnecessarily denting your savings account for a quality toaster oven! There will also be variations in size and configuration so you will definitely find what you are looking for. Let us start!
|TOP PICKS||Pre-set functions||Weight||Dimensions|
|Breville BOV800XL Smart Oven||9||22.5 pounds||18.5 x 16.2 x 11.2|
|Breville BOV450XL Mini Smart Oven||8||15.2 pounds||15.5 x 14 x 8.8 inches|
|Panasonic NB-G110P Flash Xpress||6||11.2 pounds||13.5 x 14.5 x 13.5|
|Cuisinart TOB-135 Deluxe Convection Toaster Oven||9||14 pounds||18.3 x 15.3 x 9.3|
|BLACK+DECKER CTO6335S Countertop||8||15.8 pounds||21.8 x 12.4 x 14.5|
|Oster TSSTTVMNDG Convection 6-Slice||7||20.3 pounds||15.4 x 19.8 x 11.4|
|BLACK+DECKER TROS1000D SpaceMaker||3||17.4 pounds||13.5 x 17 x 9 inches|
|BLACK+DECKER TO1303SB 4-Slice||4||8.9 pounds||10 x 15.5 x 8.4|
For people who have huge budget (Above $100)
The first toaster oven in our list is the Breville BOV800XL Smart Oven 1800-Watt Convection Toaster Oven with Element IQ. The features of this toaster oven will definitely amaze you. So if you are not really that concerned with budget and you have all the space in the world then you have found the perfect toaster oven for you.
Let us first tackle the size and the capacity. It measures 18.5" L x 16.25" W x 11.25" H. That means you will need a considerable space to place this toaster oven in and it also needs a 4” minimum distance on all sides. Do not worry though because it surely delivers in capacity. It can fit 6 slices of bread or a 13” pizza. It also includes an enamel broil rack and an enamel baking pan, both of which measures 12” x 12”.
Now let us go to the important part- the heating and the cooking. The Breville BOV800XL is rated 1800 watts and has 5 Quartz heating elements. It features 9 preset functions: toast, bagel, bake, roast, broil, pizza, cookies, reheat and warm.
The body of the unit is made from reinforced stainless steel and the interior is nonstick. it is also designed so that it will be easier for you to take the hot food out of it. That is possible because of its magnetic auto-eject rack that will pop halfway when the oven door is opened. The Breville BOV800XL also features an LCD that will be easy to read.
Okay so we have talked about the size, the functions and the heating. They are all astounding features. Nonetheless, they are features that you can find in a ton of other toaster ovens. So what makes this toaster oven stand out from the rest of the pack? Well we will have to refer to the manufacturer for that.
The Breville BOV800XL features Element IQ™ technology. Not familiar with it? That is understandable as only Breville manufactures toaster oven employing such technology. As you might have notice the name of the product states “Smart oven”, well, the Element IQ™ technology is what makes it smart.
The Element IQ technology ensures that the toaster oven will deliver the right power at the right time and at the right duration to achieve a perfect cook in whatever you are cooking. Of course that is always based on the 9 preset functions. But you can also make adjustments as you see fit and this toaster oven will remember it all for you.
With all the features in hand, what else is there to make it your favorite toaster oven? A warranty may be. So, Breville Smart Toaster Oven offers safe purchase by giving 1-year limited warranty. While size always is a plus, its beautiful stainless steel body makes it attractive and easier to clean.
If you like all of the power and functions (or at least, almost all) of the Breville BOV800XL but you find yourself cringing at its size, then you do not have to fret yet. I know it is either you find that the size may be an over kill or it might be that you just do not have the required space to install one. It does not matter either way because the Breville BOV450XL Mini Smart Oven with Element IQ is here!
As I have mentioned, this product from Breville is smaller than the BOV800XL. It is not ‘small’ to be honest, just smaller than the first toaster oven in this list. In fact the BOV450XL measures just 15.5" L x 14" W x 8.75" H. Keep in mind, also, that this toaster oven needs clearance space. It can fit 4 slices of bread and an 11” pizza. You can gather from all that that it is, indeed, big enough.
Now we have gotten the biggest difference between the BOV800XL and BOV450XL out of the way! Okay, just to set a few things straight, we are directly comparing these two just because they come from the same manufacturer- Breville. Otherwise it will be quite hard to put them side by side and be fair.
As for the similarities, aside from being made by one manufacturer, they are almost the same as well when it comes to features. The Breville BOV450XL features smart Element IQ™ technology, which I am betting is one of the selling points of the Breville BOV800XL. If we have to elaborate again on said technology, let us put it in simpler terms. It remembers how things should be cooked and adjusts things accordingly.
As for the heating prowess of this toaster oven, it is nothing to sneeze at. It employs 4 quarts heating elements and has a power rating of 1800 watts. It also has 8 preset cooking functions (all in the function dial). And before we forget it, we have a bit more surprise here- the A Bit More™ button, pun and all. What is that? Well, this button allows you to add additional time when cooking without the need to reset anything! Very convenient!
The interior is of the Breville BOV450XL is 0.45 cubic fit and has 3 rack positions available. This toaster oven has a pull-out crumb tray and comes with a 10” x 10” enamel baking pan. The exteriors is constructed with stainless steel and has an easy to read LCD display that changes color to act as an indicator.
Basically this toaster oven is for people who wants great functions and features but with a smaller package.
From your bedroom to kitchen, even outdoors, Panasonic is a brand that accompanies you everywhere. So, if you fell in love with this sleek and geometrical NB-G110P Flash Xpress Toaster Oven, we wouldn’t be surprised, because it has every reason to be your kitchen companion. Manufacturer’s reputation and price of this product aren’t just the reasons to choose Panasonic NB-G110P Flash Xpress Toaster Oven, there’s more to it below.
- To start with, this toaster oven has been designed to make things easier and more convenient. It’s so easy that you can use it without referring to the manual. Just take a look at that decorated control panel at the front with icons and controls.
- There’s a large digital display at the bottom to keep you updated with the internal temperature.
- Coming to the core feature, Panasonic NB-G110P features Flash Xpress technology that enables you to prepare your food in 40% less time than other toaster ovens. That’s an amazing advantage of 36 minutes. Flash Xpress is a name given to the two high powered infrared lights that cook things faster. Infrared lights generate 1300 watts.
- Functionality wise, Flash Xpress is not as efficient as those expensive toaster ovens, but still, it offers 6 menu options for preset cooking functionality. It offers bread option for toasts; bagels or waffles, you can thaw or reheat foods easily, and then there is a frozen food option for heating pizzas or hash browns. In short, all you need is choose the option and adjust your oven to the cooking time meant for the dish. The six menu options provide everyday food options for your convenience.
- There are 8 heat level giving you substantial control over your food to give it the precise heating. The temperature ranges from 250 degrees to 500 degrees. Simply move left or right using the soft touch buttons.
- Want to see how your food cooks? Simply, press the button displaying a light bulb to turn on a light inside the oven to monitor the progress of your food.
- There is also a baking tray for cakes, pizza and cookies.
- NB-G110P is spacious enough to prepare for toasts or a 9-inch pizza.
So, Panasonic Flash Xpress Toaster Oven is all about making things simpler and faster. It complements your kitchen appliances and gives you many ways to impress your kids and family. If you’re a U.S. customer, choose this product and take advantage of the limited warranty!
- It calculates cooking time for a variety of foods automatically.
- It comes with a square-shaped inner tray that is perfect for pizza that is up to nine inch in diameter or four slices of bread.
- It has interior light that allows you to view food while it is cooking.
- There is a large gap between temperature settings that may prove disadvantageous when preparing some foods.
Cuisinart is another brand that needs no introduction when it comes to third generation cooking appliances. The maker is known for offering durable, attractive and highly sophisticated products at exceptional prices. TOB-135 Deluxe Convection Toaster Oven is yet another brand that hasn’t failed to impress customers worldwide.
From customizability to attractiveness, usage and durability, TOB-135 Deluxe Convection Toaster Oven Broiler has each and everything that you want to see in a modern day toaster oven. Here are few noteworthy features of this appliance.
- It is spacious and made of stainless steel. The interior is non sticky and easily cleanable. The accompanied accessories give the oven extra functionality. It has LED buttons and an electronic dial.
- Cuisinart TOB-135 Convection Toaster Oven is also quite spacious. It’s large enough to prepare 6 full-size toasts, roast 4-pound chicken, or bake a 12-inch pizza fairly easily.
- The toaster oven is equipped with every modern-day requirement in the book. It offers 9 preset cooking functions, which means it’s suitable for all types of food we eat on day to day basis. There are three cooking functions for broiling, baking or heating. The toasting function can be used for toasts or bagels. It features convection heating for broiling and baking. You can also thaw your snacks using defrost option. There is no guesswork for temperature setting as the preset functions set the appropriate temperature according to the food.
- TOB-135 Toaster Oven features heat sensors to maintain the food temperature and keep it as accurate as possible. You will always have consistent results and the temperature set will not be exceeded.
- The inside coating of the oven is non sticky and therefore easy to wipe. The accessories can be easily washed too.
- There are three rack positions for different kinds of food. So, the toaster oven is quite flexible too.
- With TOB-135 Convection Toaster Oven, you’ll get all kinds of accessories required for baking, broiling and cooking. Some of those accessories include broiling rack, baking pan, oven rack and a crumb tray which is removable for quick cleaning. Moreover, you’ll get a ceramic cookware and a recipe book as well.
- Physically, the toaster oven is perfect for all kinds of kitchens. It can be moved easily, thanks to 14-pound weight.
Cuisinart TOB-135 Deluxe Convection Toaster Oven has amazing functionality that match with high-end and expensive appliances. It is fast, offers exceptional control and can be used in more than one way. Considering the price, this toaster oven is certainly a steal of the year.
For people who have budget from $50 to $100
BLACK+DECKER is a popular brand among house wives. The company is known for its super –easy, highly functional, durable, affordable yet modern kitchen appliance. CTO6335S is another remarkable addition to the family, offering versatility, efficiency, space-saving and more importantly, affordability to all kinds of kitchens.
- First thing that makes this toaster oven stand out among the rest is its usability and space. It has a trapezium-like design from the side; slanting down outwards from the top. This slope makes CTO6335S Stainless Steel Countertop Convection Oven large enough to accommodate a full-size (12-inch) pizza. Plus, it features an interior which has an extra-deep curve, making sure that your 12-inch pizza sits perfectly inside.
- CTO6335S looks large and spacious but it’s not as heavy as other toaster ovens of the same size. It weighs around 18 pounds. So, moving and placing this appliance is not all that complicated. It is made of stainless steel so it is not only strong but also easy to clean.
- CTO6335S Countertop Toaster Oven features one-touch preset functions, to make your cooking fast and sophisticated. There is no need to worry about cooking time and internal temperature. All you need is set the time and temperature of the food and let the oven do the rest. You can, of course, change times according to your need. Moreover, the digital display is extra-large, so that you can keep an eye on the time and temperature from your living room.
- Convection cooking has been quite popular these days, as it distributed heat evenly and prepares the food faster than ordinary cooking methods. CTO6335S Convection Oven helps you save time, especially when you’re making breakfast for your kids. Plus, convection heating makes this toaster oven ideal for baking cookies and cakes.
- There is a baking pan included with the oven to maximize convenience. Then there is a crumb tray that can be removed for swift and easy cleaning.
- CTO6335S Countertop Convection Toaster Oven comes with a user manual and limited warranty.
BLACK+DECKER CTO6335S Stainless Steel Countertop Convection Oven falls in the category of sophisticated and high performance toaster ovens. It has an edge over its competitors because of the design, space and affordability. It may not have as many features as expensive toaster ovens, but it serves your day-to-day needs quite efficiently.
- It has a non-stick interior that makes cleanup very easy.
- It is equipped with a clear view glass door that allows you to monitor what is cooking inside.
- It has a broiling rack that can fit a casserole dish.
- It may take a while to get used to it because of the many buttons it features.
- It is not backlit; something makes it a bit hard to read.
6. Oster Large Capacity Countertop 6-Slice Digital Convection Toaster Oven, Black/Polished Stainless, TSSTTVMNDG
Oster Large Capacity Countertop 6-Slice Digital Convection Toaster Oven offers decent interior space for different types of foods. Consumer research magazine recognized it as the best toaster oven of 2011, which itself is a proof of credibility.
Take a look at the design. The best part of this particular product is its great finish. Oster TSSTTVMNDG is meant for large families. At the same time, it’s not that heavy to move. Functionality and controls are also user friendly. Let’s find out more about this toaster oven.
- Convection technology has been quite popular, and this toaster oven took it one step ahead because of a reasonable price range. Well, most of the kitchen goers know what convection technology is. For new comers, it’s an efficient way to distribute the heat to all corners of the food. Convection technology also makes Oster TSSTTVMNDG Toaster Oven a baking oven. You will have crispier edges and flakier crusts because of its fast and even heating.
- This toaster oven offers a large space for big-size roasts, six toasts or pan pizzas as large as 13 inches. The chamber is 13.7 inches wide and 13.28 inches deep from the inside. Plus the height of the upper heater from the lower rack is 5.31 inches. If you want to see what’s cooking inside, there’s an optional light to see that.
- You can easily adjust the temperature of your broiling. Whether you need high temperature for your broiling or low temperature for melting cheese, whatever your temperature need is it can easily be adjusted to give best results.
- If you have a large family, then this counter top oven is the best choice for you as it provides enough space for a dinner of a big family but also takes minimal counter space.
- Although it’s not that costly, it still offers one-year limited warranty.
When it comes to versatility and affordability, there is no comparison of Oster TSSTTVMNDG Convection Countertop Toaster Oven. It offers a variety of cooking options and a great temperature range as well. Despite its extra-large interior, it is not too heavy. It is a gorgeous kitchen appliance that is sure to make your kitchen look a million bucks.
- It features user friendly manual and digital control panel for convenient operation.
- It offers you a wide variety of functions to choose from, including baking, conventional baking, toasting, broiling and so on.
- The rack does not have a stop when pulled out, something that might cause it to slide right on your counter or on the floor if not pulled carefully.
Now we turn to toaster ovens with a lower range of price tags. Does that mean a compromise when it comes to quality? Maybe at some level, but not considerably if we are going technical about it. Let us continue, shall we, and make things clearer.
We have here the BLACK+DECKER TROS1000D SpaceMaker Under The Cabinet 4-Slice Toaster Oven, which as the name suggests, is indeed a space maker. Not that it magically makes your counter top bigger! It will just help you maximize your space especially if you do not have enough counter space that you can fill out with a toaster oven in the first place.
As the name states as well (it is all indeed in the name) it can be fitted under the cabinet. Do not go sarcastic on me now and think of the cabinet below your sink. I know, I thought about that as well. Anyways, of course, we are talking about the cabinets above! But if you do not want to take advantage of that feature then by all means, install it and use it like any other toaster ovens, it will do just fine.
As for the installation, if that is your one problem and is the reason why you do not want to mount the TROS1000D under the cabinet, it is not really something to worry about. The product comes with detailed instructions. It also comes with a mounting template to make things even easier for you.
But if you want to put it in your counter top, it is just as big as normal toaster ovens so no worry there. It measures approximately 19.8" L x 12.8" W x 15.5" H. it can fit up to 4 slices of bread or a pizza with a diameter of 9 inches. Big enough even though not that big.
The functions are all there, too. You can use it to bake, toast or just keep things warm. The temperature range is 200 degree Fahrenheit to 400 degree Fahrenheit. The toast setting is from 1 to 7. The timer is set using a button and can be set for up to 30 minutes. Not enough? Do not worry since it is easy to go back and set the timer anew.
The control panel, which is fully digital, has the preset functions and also an on and off button. Aside from that this toaster oven has a feature called Save-a-Plug Outlet. That means you can easily connect other SpaceMaker appliances without the use of an extra wall outlet.
For people who have a bit budget ( under $50)
For people with less than or 4 people in the house, and for those who live single, BLACK+DECKER offers a smart and affordable solution for quick meals. If you have a small kitchen, or there is not enough space for large toaster oven, you can get BLACK+DECKER TO1303SB 4-Slice Stainless Steel Toaster Oven.
- BLACK+DECKER TO1303SB 4-Slice Toaster Oven offers a mix of traditional and modern toaster ovens. It offers knobs for adjusting time and controlling the temperature, instead of touch pad.
- For small kitchens with space issues, this toaster oven is ideal because of its weight. In fact, TO1303SB Toaster Oven is the lightest, with just 8 pound weight.
- If you’re in a hurry, preheating becomes annoying. This is where, you can trust this particular toaster oven as it does not require preheating, thereby saving your time to reach office.
- BLACK+DECKER TO1303SB 4-Slice Toaster Oven features Even Toast technology, making sure you get evenly toasted slice for breakfast. And that’s possible because of the two heating elements available at the top and bottom of the chamber. The heating elements are efficient enough to take care of cooking and baking as well.
- As a matter of fact, TO1303SB has 4 modes to take care of most day-to-day business in the kitchen, namely broil, toast, keep warm and bake. Going deeper, while broiling or keeping warm, top heating elements are activated. For baking and toasting, heating elements of both locations are activated. So, in one way, this toaster oven saves energy too.
- There is a 30-minute timer. The toaster oven also features Stay-On function, so that it doesn’t go on standby after time was reached.
- The toaster oven has internal dimensions of 10.75-inch by 9-inch by 7-inch. So, it’s spacious enough to bake a 9-inch pizza, or toast 4 slices in one go.
- Added accessories include one removable crumb tray to collect the food particles, making it easier for you to clean the chamber.
- Rubber toes help balance the toaster and prevents any vibrations during functioning.
- Although, the way cheaper than other similar models, it offers a warranty to make your purchase secure.
If you have one or two members in the family or you live far from your family, Black+Decker TO1303SB will take care of your meal. It’s fast, durable and quite sophisticated for people with limited usage.
Toaster Oven Buyer’s Guide
Toaster ovens have been around for quite some times and they have been improved with advancements and new technologies. So, when you go out finding the best toaster oven 2017, you need to have a prior understanding about the latest features.
Here are some major aspects, but remember, toaster ovens are not limited to just these features.
1. Cooking Function
Toaster ovens are mostly used as second ovens because of the multiple cooking and versatility they have on offer. Toaster ovens offer baking, broiling, warming, reheating, toasting, defrosting and many more features for your likings. Below, these functions are discussed in detail. You will find them working similar to standard ovens.
2. Auto Shut-Off
This features allows you to move away from the toaster oven and attend to other activities. As soon as the cooking cycle reaches its end, the toaster automatically switches off. If you have the best rated toaster oven, it will surely have this particular feature. Benefit of this feature is, the food will not burn even if the person is not there to take it out. This feature is suitable for those busy housewives, who have toddlers and small children to take care.
3. Defrost Cycle
If you store bread, meat or veggies in the freezer than you will surely love to have a toaster oven that offers defrost cycle. In fact, best convection toaster oven models have defrost cycle feature and they can also inform you about the time (the additional time) it takes to cook a frozen food.
Reheating isn’t a surprising feature any longer, but what might surprise you is that the leftover, after reheating, will keep its crisp and crunch, just like when cooked fresh. And you don’t often get the same result with microwave ovens. The reason is, toaster ovens have different reheat settings than microwaves. The microwave oven takes less time, as a result, the food doesn’t fully retain its freshness. Toaster ovens, however, take longer, allowing the food to reheat perfectly.
5. Toast Shade
Some top rated toaster ovens come with a feature that allows you choose the tone of your toast. Yes, you can literally choose how dark you want a toast. For this purpose, you need to adjust the shade setting. Higher shade setting means darker toast. Before using this feature, go through the manufacturer’s manual and follow the instructions properly.
6. Interior Light
Latest toaster oven models feature interior light, so that you can watch what’s happening to the food inside. Well, interior light has become common in almost all toaster oven models. But it’s quite handy. Interior lights also help you take out the food safely from the heating element.
7. Temperature Setting
Temperature setting is another handy feature that toaster ovens have, and they must have it. Temperature settings allows for versatility and flexibility in cooking different recipes. These temperature settings are similar to those on standard ovens.
You can set the time according to the item you’re cooking. While toaster ovens have built-in settings for roasting, broiling, toasting and other such functions, they also allow you to set the temperature and time manually. Some toaster ovens do not feature timer, but in that case, the shade setting becomes more important.
Latest models of toaster ovens have displays on the control panel to keep you updated with the time, internal temperature and other important data, depending upon the model. Displays on different toaster show different models, but temperature and time are most common things.
10. Infrared Heating Elements
Heating element is the basic component of toaster ovens. With infrared heating element, there is no need to preheat your toaster before putting in the food, as it will instantly heat up. Infrared heating elements are of two types:
- Near: these infrared heating element penetrates the food and heat it up from the inside, making it tastier and fresher.
- Far heating element: It is used to cook outside of the food.
It depends upon the type of toaster oven whether it matches your requirements. If you want to try new recipes and use your toaster oven for energy saving, then you can buy an expensive model and get all the latest features. If you’re using it as a second oven, than you can compromise on certain features such as infrared heating, controls and limited cooking features.
A Toaster Oven – How to Work
In 1938, it has released back. A toaster oven is considered as a small oven – it helps cook your food promptly compared to a traditional toaster. In additional to that, the toaster oven has a lot of options. Using this oven type, you can not only heat a large amount of your food but also dry and wet ingredients. With a regular toaster, you cannot add in cheese, butter, meat, or sauces.
Basically, after being put on a small tray, the food will be placed in the oven. By installing the thermostat or dial on your toaster oven, it will begin operating according to your desired temperature. Thanks to the electronic system, the process of heating is run through the coils, which are placed the back and bottom of the oven. When you turned on, a reddish glow will have glowed from the coils. It means that they are producing the heat or infrared radiation. It is this radiation that your food is heated and warmed. To bite, it sometimes crunches. A nichrome wire can reflect the coil will also radiate the heat in positions, especially, when it can make the coils face toward a direct manner.
Similar to a large oven or stove, the toaster ovens also provide the methods of the convention. Once the coils start heating up, the hot air also begins circulating throughout your toaster oven. The result is the cooked food a thorough and equal way. Let’s have peace of mind! When your food is cooked, it will have a small-warned alert to the user.
Using the Toaster Oven A Right Way
It is known as a unique choice to toast the luxurious foods. The toaster ovens are able to be utilized for cooking the food and toast bread an effective manner. All they have the specific instruction for using a safe way.
- First of all, you need to install your toaster oven based on your use purpose – broil, toast, defrost, and so on, including the temperature.
- For the time being, you will begin the plug-in your oven.
- Before placing your food in the toaster oven, you can put it on a plate or the rack of the toaster oven if you want.
- You should set a timer for the food yours. The majority of them is built the timer feature. If you compare with the general ovens, these ovens have the cooking speed quicker.
- If your toaster oven is spilled, you must immediately wipe it. Even, it has to clean regularly. However, you need to unplug and wait for your oven to entirely cool before doing this. To clean the internal side, you can use a sponge or soft cloth.
- To remove your food in the safety, you ought to utilize the pot holders or a specialized pair of gloves.
- Finally, let’s enjoy your own food!
- It doesn’t absolutely put the toaster oven in the water to clean. Let’s remove every section and clean with mild soap and water if you recognize this necessarily. To clean messes, the most efficient method is to soak in the soapy water.
- Don’t allow the water to close your toaster oven because it can lead to the electrocution when wetting or plugging in though you are not using it.
- It avoids plugging in more than one heating device in your home. This one may lead to a circuit breaker.
- If you want to plug in the toaster oven, you should not utilize an extension cord. Let’s utilize the shortest kind if possible.
A Toaster Oven – What Is… & What Advantages Are…
Certainly, someday, we want a little piece of toast bread for breakfast that does not need to heat up the whole kitchen or turn on your entire oven. Or even, when you’d like to warm your dish, a pizza for the evening, you can still create plenty of heat in your house – a toaster oven.
So, why is a toaster oven necessary for a kitchen? – The answer is the compact size, flexible use, and even users can save their budget; instead of going out to buy an evening meal.
- The compact size
When mentioning to the size of a toaster, you should choose one that fit your countertop or cabinets. Of course, it depends on your kitchen space. To choose one, you must consider determining the real size of the toaster or the interior size. This one is important because it affects what you may fit inside. In fact, your cooking is inside, so you need to consider this. In additional to that, the bigger the toaster oven is the more expensive the cost will be. A good suggest for you is to select a medium oven, instead of investing a large, expensive one.
- Various cooking elements
Actually, you can use many different elements to cook in toaster ovens. Importantly, what are you finding? A lot of models have a convection function, so the heat will be circulated throughout the toaster oven like a fan. Besides, the movement also contributes to creating an even-cooking environment. The purpose is to ensure that both the top and the bottom can be cooked – it means that the ability to eliminate heat spots is likely. It is noticed that you will also save time and money when using this oven because it might cut cooking down ~ a third.
On the other hand, others use heating elements to cook. They can be either on the top or on the bottom; even, both also have. There are the normal ways that the conventional ovens often heats. Frequently, the made materials are not the same. The best is the top and bottom, or a whole oven, which will be made from quartz if possible. If you want a traditional oven, the best is to pick up a taller oven so that the coils do not heat on the top of your cooking food.
Another new type of the toaster oven is to utilize heating element – the infrared rays heat your food, the same as a microwave. Correspondingly, the cooking time will be quicker, but you may only utilize the metal pans. At once, your oven has the higher risk of fires.
- Drip trays & cooking racks
In general, the toaster ovens have owned at least a rack that enables you to cook food on here. Based on the size, some ovens even have two racks. Thanks to that, you will have one more item and be able to change the height of your food. Also, the removable racks are helpful when you want to clean. Furthermore, the adjustable racks will apply more space inside your oven. So good!!!
Aside from the racks, the toaster ovens also come with drip trays. Spills or crumbs will be caught. This one contributes to keeping your oven cleaner; even, fires are also prevented. If possible, you should choose the non-stick, removable drip trays. Like that, you are going to easy to clean.
When owning a toaster oven, the most advantage is to have plenty of options. The toaster ovens are not similar. Some just have the fundamental things – a rack to keep the food and a dial to setup temperature, while others have the rotisserie hooks and touch screen. Whether how your selection is, most they have owned a fit pan inside the oven. Accordingly, you can put the majority of your dish on it; instead of placing on the rack a direct way. It can say that cookie sheets and pizza pans are designed as long as their size fit the toaster ovens. Others also have stones that are set inside– it makes your food taste well.
A large number of toaster ovens can set the temperature – the lowest is 2000 and the highest is 5000, coming with the options of boiling. In comparison with the conventional oven, the wider ovens are more. This one is useful because you can avoid utilizing the microwave. Obviously, setting your plate inside a normal oven is not likely.
Another advantage is to heat your items on the top of the oven. Essentially, you just need to place your dish in the toaster oven. And then, your dish will be kept at a proper temperature without cooking. What a great it is!
- Saving money & time
Since the now toaster oven is not bigger than a conventional oven, both the energy and money can be saved. Choosing to buy a toaster oven means with protecting the environment as well as saving your own budget. Also, thanks to the small size, the food is quickly heated and cooked. Simultaneously, it doesn’t also take up more space in your kitchen, so your kitchen also becomes cooler.
Apart from these above things, the toaster oven also helps you to cut your budget by encouraging you that often cook at home because the cooking time is short. Furthermore, you do not have to face a hot stove, so it motivates you to cook at home, instead of going to the restaurants or fast-food stores. As you knew, the food outside is both expensive and unhealthy. Accordingly, cooking a meal at home will help you save and protect your health; especially, those who have planned weight-loss.
You Use A Toaster Oven For…
In case you never get used to utilizing a toaster oven, you can be going to wonder what it is utilized for. Certainly, the answer will make you surprised. The flexibility of the toaster ovens cannot ignore. It makes sure that you may toast bread with these ovens; evenly, you are able to make many things, not just toasting bread.
It can consider the toaster oven as a miniature model of the traditional oven. In spite of using less energy, the toaster ovens may cook your food a quick way. Aside from toasting, you can utilize your toaster oven for:
- Baking Breads and Making Desserts
Not only bread but also others, the requirement is them, which must fit into your toaster oven. You can consider several common foods below that you might bake in your oven:
- Baking Potatoes
If you’ve never tried your toaster for baking potatoes before, you’re yet to taste the perfectly baked potatoes, Potatoes are baked just perfect, and same is the case with sweet potatoes. They’re incredibly sweet, soft and tasty off course.
What else can you do with your toaster oven? You can make potato wedges, twice-bake potatoes, or prepare French fries for children at home.
- For Fresh Food
Make no mistakes with the size, toaster oven can cook anything that your conventional oven can. Try to cook up the whole chicken or roast, if your toaster oven is large enough to accommodate it. Otherwise, you can prepare a quarter or half-cut chicken. It may appear impossible at the start, but you’ll be satisfied with the results.
Toaster oven is also good for preparing lasagna. According to some housewives, they tried cooking a recipe or two in toaster oven, which they used in microwave ovens before. They found out that the food cooked in toaster oven tasted better than when cooked in microwave oven.
- Cook Frozen Food
When mentioning to the toaster oven, it is not limited by the fresh food. These toaster ovens do not refuse the frozen foods. The most common must mention to the frozen pizzas.
Would you like some roast foods? Well, it is certain that you shall like roasting the foods in your toaster oven. You may roast vegetables and meat an easy way. If you use this oven to roast, your dish will be both crisp and browned.
Don’t think a small size that the toaster oven will be limited to vegetables and meats. In additional to that, roasting nuts is entirely likely. The result is quickly compared to a conventional oven, thanks to the small internal space.
- Cooking snack food
Instead of cooking in your microwave, you can cook that Hot Pocket in the toaster oven because your dish will become crisp and flaky.
Actually, the toaster oven is ideal for cooking snacks, including, fish sticks, nachos, French fries, or onion rings. In comparison with the microwave, the snack foods are cooked in the toaster oven, which are more delicious.
- Reheating foods
There is a good news for housewives. Once you recognize that can reheat your leftovers in the toaster oven, you will have to wonder why you do not do this sooner. Reheated foods in your toaster oven are better than in your microwave. The most is bread. Frequently, you shall only take 8-10 minutes so as to reheat your leftovers. It also depends on food intake that you reheat.
- Open Faced Sandwiches
One most popular advantage of toaster ovens is, it can prepare open faced sandwiches better than microwave of conventional ovens. The meet will be warmer, the cheese will be melted better and the bread will be better toasted, of course.
Whether you make an open faced sandwich having meat, cheese and veggies on the bread, or it’s a simple sandwich with poached egg sliced on the bread, your sandwich will be warmer as it comes out of toaster oven.
It is not difficult to warm your foods in the toaster oven. Aside from baking bread, your toaster oven has many other benefits. Your overnight foods can be warmed again only with a simple way – using the toaster oven.
Cooking In a Convection Toaster Oven – 3 Helpful Tips for You
Adjectives to describe a convection toaster oven are cheap, compact, effective, and easy to utilize. If you compare with the previous toaster ovens, the now ovens are equipped a new technology – convection, which enables you to cook faster and better.
The advantages of the convection toaster oven are mentioned above a clear way – the short-cooking time, the setting temperature,…With these models, your cooking result will be more efficient and better. Nonetheless, there is still a relatively new technology compared to the old models, so you need to know and understand a couple of new cooking techniques. Right now, we let begin with 3 simple, useful tips. Go! Go! Go!!!
- It can say that reading the manual is the first important tips to cook in a convection toaster oven. The majority of the people mistakes when buying a new device without seeing the manual and it is ready to throw it without looking again. They think that they may run all on the fly. Nevertheless, the toaster oven with the convection technology will be necessary for reading the manual. The purpose is to know the certain settings for your recipes. Each of the recipes will have a different feature, so you need to be acquainted with these features, limitations, controls, and so on.
- The next tip is to utilize a toaster oven to roast. It ensures that your meat is roasted at the similar temperature to cook, but it only equals a half time in your recipe. It is due to the size of the toaster oven is small (the convection process is large), so the cooking time is shortened. To make sure, you should utilize a thermometer of meat to check. If you want to roast potatoes or other vegetables, this convection process will be ideal.
- The last tips, there is baking. Well, the toaster oven allows you to bake at the lower temperature than your recipes ~ 25 degrees F. Let’s remember that you only decrease the temperature without reducing the cooking time. For the baking tools (especially cakes and cookies), it will be great when you choose to use the steel or bright aluminum pans. The heat will be reflected through the surface of bright pans, so your toaster oven will offer cakes better. On the contrary, when baking bread, the heat of the steel pans will provide taste better.
Aside from three above tips, you also need to pay attention to the safety when utilizing this oven. If you are looking for a convection toaster oven, you ought to pick up the model with an automatic shut-off feature. It always unplugs your oven after using. You should also avoid utilizing the metal appliances inside the oven. Let’s clean your toaster oven frequently.
The Toaster Oven – The Way to Clean
Perhaps, few people pay attention to clean their toaster oven. The reason why…
Generally, those who utilize the toaster oven are busy people, so they have less time to concern to clean anything after using. You must know that your toaster oven will have plenty of dust and dirt if you do not often clean. Let’s spend a little your time to do this as soon as cooking, reheating, or toasting any foods. You can consult a couple of tips below in order to know the way to clean the toaster oven yours.
So, what do we need? It consists of a soap, the water, a soft, clean towel, a used toothbrush, scrubbing pads, and a cup of baking soda. The cleaning time depends on the dirt on your toaster oven, which is less or more. Frequently, you shall take from 30-45 minutes for cleaning.
- The first, you need to unplug the toaster oven. Then, let’s remove all remaining leftovers on trays, splatter shields, food covers, etc. They need to be cleaned and dried a proper way.
By using a soft, clean towel, you begin wiping a whole external surface of the toaster oven. Let’s clean the front, the back, two sides, and even the coil. You continuously clean the internal side according to the similar manner.
To remove all loose debris, you need to wet the towel with the warm water so as to wipe the entire interiors.
Pouring baking soda and water into a bowl, now, you start mixing them each other until they look like toothpaste. In case they become crumbly, you ought to add a little water. Let’s apply this mixture on the caked surfaces with grease.
With the prissy stains, you let wait a moment (5-10 minutes); then, you scrub them.
- If you found the stain on the back side of your toaster oven, you can also utilize the above mixture and do the same way. Thus, you also wait about ten minutes before removing them with the toothbrush
It continues utilizing the toothbrush and a scouring pad to remove stains, dirt, and dust. In case you cannot remove these stains in the first times, you let dry these positions with the towel. Hence, on these locations, you put the mixture of water and baking soda. It allows it to be set for a long period of time.
1. Removing baking soda and dirt with a soft towel after scouring the entire interior.
- And the heating part? You can wipe it with the towel that has contained the mixture of water and baking soda. Don’t scrub vigorously!
- You can also use baking soda on the steel grate. This part needs to be caked with grease. Therefore, on the grates, it allows this mixture to stay here for 15 minutes before you scrub.
- To remove the smell, baking soda is perfect – it is considered as a deodorizer.
2. Let’s entirely dry for one hour before utilizing your toaster oven again.
Toaster ovens have been equipped with modern technology and advanced features, to take care of all kinds of cooking tasks in the kitchen. The best toaster oven can make a toast, broil, defrost, bake or reheat the food, and its automatic controls will allow you to do other kitchen tasks meanwhile the food cooks inside.
If you want to buy the toaster will all the above mentioned features, follow these tips:
- Pay attention to the model and make of the toaster model. The manufacturer’s reputation also counts. Even if you’re getting a model of an unknown brand, if it offers limited warranty for parts then rest assured that you’re making a good decision.
- Always go through the features of the product, physically or orally. If you’re buying online, go through all the specs, features, comparisons, expert opinions and customer reviews, and choose the best model for your kitchen.
- You can choose from our picks of best toaster oven models 2017. These items have been gauged in terms quality, efficiency, convenience and value for money.