Cooking small, light and quick meals is the fantasy that becomes a reality when you have a reliable toaster oven in your kitchen. Rather than firing up the oven each time you want to cook a meal, the toaster oven offers the ability to quickly warm and cook your foods to perfection without sending your energy bill skyrocketing. While you're not going to find a toaster oven that will cook Thanksgiving dinner, you're bound to find the utility and usefulness of a toaster oven lends with even the most complex meals.
Imagine cooking a full 12-inch pizza, a batch of cheese fries or a plate of enchiladas in your toaster oven. These are all items where an oven is an overkill. The right toaster oven can replace your radiation-infused microwave for most household cooking tasks. They are also extremely easy to clean and won't heat up your entire home each time you power them up. Toaster ovens are a throwback to a time when cooking with a gas-powered oven was considered excessive and an energy waster.
Today, the toaster oven is used to cook all manner of foods, and they are a great replacement for your regular toaster. While a toaster is only capable of toasting appropriately sliced pieces of bread, with a toaster oven you can toast bagels, hot dog buns, hamburger buns and all sorts of small items. If you are low on space in your kitchen, them it's time to ditch the toaster and get the best toaster oven you can afford that offers advanced and multi-varied capabilities.
How Much Does a Toaster Oven Cost?
When scavenging through toaster oven reviews and looking for the best toaster ovens, best convection toaster oven, top rated toaster ovens and best small toaster oven, you'll want to pay specific attention to the features and capabilities. Toaster oven ratings are only a part of the picture. Before starting on your quest for the best toaster oven, you'll want to nail down a budget that will serve you throughout your search.
Toaster ovens are not as expensive as regular ovens, and many of them will set you back the same amount as a good, high-quality toaster. The top toaster ovens will run you about $250. Toaster ovens that offer minimal features will cost anywhere from $30 to $100. The average toaster oven costs about $80 to $100. In the average price range, you can expect to get a decent range of features without shelling out the cash for one of the more expensive models. If you're in the market for a toaster oven, look for one of the best brands like Hamilton Beach, Breville, Black+Decker, Panasonic and Oster.
12 Best Toaster Ovens 2017 (Reviewed)
The most expensive option in our line-up costs about $235. For that price, you'll get an effective toaster oven that will handle most any of your cooking needs. The lowest price item in our set of toaster oven reviews will run you about $35. When looking through our reviews, make sure you select the item with the features you want and worry about the price later. It's always better to save up until you can afford the toaster you want.
1. Breville BOV800XL Smart Oven Convection Toaster Oven
Breville BOV800XL Smart Convection Toaster Oven is the best toaster oven for most people. The features of this toaster oven will definitely amaze you. So if you are not really that concerned with budget and you have all the space in the world then you have found the perfect toaster oven for you.
- Background of the story, and that made this toaster oven so much popular around the world has been Element IQ. It is capable of adjusting itself to five heating quartz installed inside the oven, and they offer even heating, no matter what food item you place. The 5 quartz heating elements distribute heat to each and every corner of the item, making sure that nothing remains undercooked. Plus, the heating is automatically adjusted.
- Think about it for a second – you’re getting an appliance that can roast, toast, bagel, broil, and can also prepare cookies and pizza for you. If you need to just reheat your food or keep it warm for a while, there’s this toaster oven for you. It offers NINE functions in total which may be impossible for other similar toaster ovens.
- BOV800XL Smart Oven can perfectly fit in all kitchens big or small. At the same time, it’s not too small to prepare large food items, i.e. pizza. It can easily prepare a 13-inch pizza, or 6 pieces of toasts.
- As said, Breville Smart Oven is not an ordinary toaster oven. It adjusts itself to different wattages to make sure your food gets appropriate heat. Just rotate the knob and adjust the wattage according to your requirements, up to 1800 Watts (that’s massive!)
- There is auto shut off, temperature and time dial and sound alerts as well. It will definitely prove a helpful cooking companion.
- The body of the unit is made from reinforced stainless steel and the interior is nonstick. it is also designed so that it will be easier for you to take the hot food out of it. That is possible because of its magnetic auto-eject rack that will pop halfway when the oven door is opened. The Breville BOV800XL also features an LCD that will be easy to read.
- Convection heating is used for baking and Smart Oven has the fan to circulate the heat evenly. Even heating helps your cakes, brownies and cookies to cook fast and well.
Things We Liked
Things We Didn't Like
With all the features in hand, what else is there to make it your favorite toaster oven? A warranty may be. So, Breville Smart Toaster Oven offers safe purchase by giving 1-year limited warranty. While size always is a plus, its beautiful stainless steel body makes it attractive and easier to clean.
2. Breville BOV450XL Mini Smart Oven with Element IQ
So, let's say you love the functionality and look of Breville's products, but you're not sold on the idea that you need a full-featured, regular-sized oven. The Breville Mini Smart Oven may serve your needs. It costs about $100 less than the Breville 1800-watt convection oven, and it still provides substantial heating power and exceptional utility. The oven is designed using four Quartz heating elements that are powered by 1800 watts. It also includes the Element IQ technology, so this oven serves as a smaller version of its big brother.
Even though it's a mini oven, it can still cook up an 11-inch pizza with no issue. The oven is also capable of fitting four slices of bread, and it comes with easy to clean options like a pull-out crumb tray and auto shutoff system. The toaster oven comes with eight pre-set cooking settings, including bake, roast, broil, pizza, bagel, toast, cookies and reheat. You'll be able to cook up your items with ease using the exclusive interior lining that reduces the possibility of food sticking to the inside of the oven.
The best convection ovens go beyond the ability to simply turn the device on and off. This oven features a variable cooking temperature with precise settings that are designed to help you get the best possible meal. The oven also allows you to save your customized settings. The settings will remain until you disconnect the power from the machine or change your settings. This is constructed from highly durable materials, including stainless steel and non-stick surfaces.
Things We Liked
Things We Didn't Like
3. Panasonic NB-G110P Flash Xpress Toaster Oven
From your bedroom to kitchen, even outdoors, Panasonic is a brand that accompanies you everywhere. So, if you fell in love with this sleek and geometrical NB-G110P Flash Xpress Toaster Oven, we wouldn’t be surprised, because it has every reason to be your kitchen companion. Manufacturer’s reputation and price of this product aren’t just the reasons to choose Panasonic NB-G110P Flash Xpress Toaster Oven, there’s more to it below.
- To start with, this toaster oven has been designed to make things easier and more convenient. It’s so easy that you can use it without referring to the manual. Just take a look at that decorated control panel at the front with icons and controls.
- There’s a large digital display at the bottom to keep you updated with the internal temperature.
- Coming to the core feature, Panasonic NB-G110P features Flash Xpress technology that enables you to prepare your food in 40% less time than other toaster ovens. That’s an amazing advantage of 36 minutes. Flash Xpress is a name given to the two high powered infrared lights that cook things faster. Infrared lights generate 1300 watts.
- Functionality wise, Flash Xpress is not as efficient as those expensive toaster ovens, but still, it offers 6 menu options for preset cooking functionality. It offers bread option for toasts; bagels or waffles, you can thaw or reheat foods easily, and then there is a frozen food option for heating pizzas or hash browns. In short, all you need is choose the option and adjust your oven to the cooking time meant for the dish. The six menu options provide everyday food options for your convenience.
- There are 8 heat level giving you substantial control over your food to give it the precise heating. The temperature ranges from 250 degrees to 500 degrees. Simply move left or right using the soft touch buttons.
- Want to see how your food cooks? Simply, press the button displaying a light bulb to turn on a light inside the oven to monitor the progress of your food.
- There is also a baking tray for cakes, pizza and cookies.
- NB-G110P is spacious enough to prepare for toasts or a 9-inch pizza.
So, Panasonic Flash Xpress Toaster Oven is all about making things simpler and faster. It complements your kitchen appliances and gives you many ways to impress your kids and family. If you’re a U.S. customer, choose this product and take advantage of the limited warranty!
Things We Liked
Things We Didn't Like
4. BLACK+DECKER TROS1000D SpaceMaker Under The Cabinet 4-Slice Toaster Oven
If you're looking for an item that saves space, you'll love this compact toaster. It has enough room for most of your smaller meals, and you'll love the ability to easily cook a meal in just a few minutes. This is a good toaster oven if you want something that can fit underneath a cabinet. Many of the higher-end toaster ovens aren't suitable for placement under a cabinet, but this item has vents on the side to make it possible to use it virtually anywhere.
The oven has an attractive stainless steel and black design to give it a modern and sophisticated look. The oven will look great in any kitchen, and you'll love the enhanced and intuitive controls on the front of the unit. The unit is capable of attaching to the underside of a cabinet for the best utility and space-saving design. You'll be able to place your spices or other ingredients for cooking directly under the toaster without worrying about overheating your herbs.
The unit offers digital controls to ensure you are able to easily turn the oven on and off. Three presets make it easy to set the oven to bake, toast or warm your food. On the low end, you'll get a temperature of 200 degrees that is perfect for keeping your extra slices of pizza warm. The highest setting gives you 400 degrees of cooking power to evenly cook most dishes, including meats and poultry items. Thinking of everything, Black+Decker also makes it possible to plug your other appliances into this unit so that you don't sacrifice an outlet to run the toaster.
Things We Liked
Things We Didn't Like
5. Oster TSSTTVMNDG Countertop 6-Slice Digital Convection Toaster Oven
Oster Large Capacity Countertop 6-Slice Digital Convection Toaster Oven offers decent interior space for different types of foods. Consumer research magazine recognized it as the best toaster oven of 2017, which itself is a proof of credibility.
Take a look at the design. The best part of this particular product is its great finish. Oster TSSTTVMNDG is meant for large families. At the same time, it’s not that heavy to move. Functionality and controls are also user friendly. Let’s find out more about this toaster oven.
- Convection technology has been quite popular, and this toaster oven took it one step ahead because of a reasonable price range. Well, most of the kitchen goers know what convection technology is. For new comers, it’s an efficient way to distribute the heat to all corners of the food. Convection technology also makes Oster TSSTTVMNDG Toaster Oven a baking oven. You will have crispier edges and flakier crusts because of its fast and even heating.
- This toaster oven offers a large space for big-size roasts, six toasts or pan pizzas as large as 13 inches. The chamber is 13.7 inches wide and 13.28 inches deep from the inside. Plus the height of the upper heater from the lower rack is 5.31 inches. If you want to see what’s cooking inside, there’s an optional light to see that.
- You can easily adjust the temperature of your broiling. Whether you need high temperature for your broiling or low temperature for melting cheese, whatever your temperature need is it can easily be adjusted to give best results.
- If you have a large family, then this counter top oven is the best choice for you as it provides enough space for a dinner of a big family but also takes minimal counter space.
- Although it’s not that costly, it still offers one-year limited warranty.
When it comes to versatility and affordability, there is no comparison of Oster TSSTTVMNDG Convection Countertop Toaster Oven. It offers a variety of cooking options and a great temperature range as well. Despite its extra-large interior, it is not too heavy. It is a gorgeous kitchen appliance that is sure to make your kitchen look a million bucks.
Things We Liked
Things We Didn't Like
6. Hamilton Beach 31103A Countertop Oven with Convection and Rotisserie
This oven is truly extra-large, and it can fit two 12-inch pizzas or two 9-by-13-inch casseroles. You can even bake a cake in this oven. The bake and broil options make it possible to cook a variety of foods to perfection. The convection oven setting makes it possible to bake more quickly, and you'll love the ability to enjoy a rotisserie as it turns in your mini-oven or a five-pound chicken for a flavorful meal. The unit comes with two cooking racks, two baking pans, a broiler rack and rotisserie accessories.
This oven is small enough to fit comfortably in most kitchens. It's also large enough to ensure that you can cook most any meal. Most ovens are too large and waste energy, this oven will make it possible for you to enjoy a meal without firing up the oven and heat up the entire house. The system will use almost half the energy of your typical kitchen oven. The interior is nonstick, and the days of getting on your hands and knees to scrub are over since the unit sits nicely elevated on your countertop.
The oven also comes with an easy dial that makes it possible to dial in the perfect setting for your meals. Choose from convection, broil, rotisserie or bake. You can easily adjust the temperature to get the perfect level of heat. The power indicator light lets you know when the oven is on, and you can preheat this oven in less than five minutes. Compare that to the time it takes to preheat your massive oven, and you'll begin to see how using a convection oven is the smart choice for an energy-efficient option for cooking your foods.
Things We Liked
Things We Didn't Like
7. Hamilton Beach 31104 Countertop Oven with Convection and Rotisserie, Silver
For a beautiful countertop oven, you can't beat this offering from Hamilton Beach. The Hamilton Beach 31104 model offers maximum convenience and versatility so that you can enjoy your time away from your oven. The unit offers the ability to cook a rotisserie with up to a five-pound chicken that self-bastes as it turns. You'll love the convection setting that cooks more evenly than a traditional oven. Bake and broil settings are also included, and you can set the timer for up to two hours to ensure that the unit shuts down automatically when finished cooking.
If you're short on kitchen space, this oven will fit right on your countertop for maximum convenience. The oven takes the place of your toaster, and you'll be able to fit it in more locations because it uses a front-loading design. When compared to a traditional oven, a convection oven like this will take less time to cook your items. This means that you'll need to reduce the time it takes to cook your favorite dishes. The energy savings is incredible, and not only will you spend less energy getting it to the proper temperature you'll also get your food to the table faster.
If you live in a hot area during the summer, this unit will save you even more on your cooling bill. Many people will refuse to cook meals in the summer because of the extra heat the oven adds to the kitchen. This unit will more than pay for itself in utility savings in the first few months of use. The unit comes with a host of baking pans and roasting options to make it possible to cook a wide variety of meals. This particular oven is highly rated, and the temperature can be easily adjusted using the dial on the front of the unit.
Things We Liked
Things We Didn't Like
8. BLACK+DECKER TO1675B 6-Slice Convection Countertop Toaster Oven
This is one of the best convection toaster options on the market. It uses a convection fan to circulate heat quickly and evenly throughout the unit. You'll enjoy fast and even baking, and the unit comes with four functions to make it easy to get started right away. This particular unit makes it possible to bake, broil, toast and keep food warm without issue. There is a 60-minute timer that you can use to accurately control your cooking time. You can also set the unit to continue cooking when the timer runs out with the stay-on technology to ensure you can handle more time-intensive baking scenarios.
The unit is easy to clean, and you'll love the removable crumb tray that makes it possible to clean the oven in your sink. Just rinse and dry the tray and you're ready to keep cooking. The unit also eliminates the need to purchase any special cleaning sprays that use harmful chemicals to clean your unit. You'll be able to fit the equivalent of a nine-inch pizza inside, and you can set six slices of bread side-by-side. The system is designed to cook more evenly than an oven, so don't worry about the quality of the cooking if you've never used a convection oven.
The maximum temperature of the oven is 450 degrees. The broil option replicates the same capabilities as a 500-degree oven. It does require some preheating, but you can easily see when the oven is ready by viewing the ready indicator light that tells you when the unit is heated to the right level. Made from stainless steel material, this unit is housed in an exceptionally durable case that provides an exceptional appearance and design. Additionally, the clear window and the dual-rack design make this unit capable of allowing you to position your food perfectly.
Things We Liked
Things We Didn't Like
9. Hamilton Beach 22708 Toastation 2-Slice Toaster and Mini Oven
If you want something simple that serves as a moderate upgrade for your toaster, this oven offers an excellent option. You'll enjoy the 2-in-1 compact toaster design. The toaster functions allow you to fit two bagels next to each other in the top of the unit. The temperature controls on the front of the unit allow you to adjust the shade of your toast and the cooking temperature so you can get the perfect results. This is an ideal option for those who like the functionality of a slit-open toaster, but would also like to cook up a few slices of pizza every now and then.
When it comes to efficiency, this small design will have your toast done in 24 percent less time than a conventional toaster oven. It also uses up to 73 percent less energy than your conventional oven. You'll be able to fit bread, English muffins and bagels in the 1.5-inch top-loading slot. The oven itself comes with a baking pan and it can fit up to two 16-inch pizza slices. This is the ideal oven for those who only want to cook smaller items like fries, chicken nuggets, nachos and other quick and easy foods.
Cleanup is easy with this oven. Since it's small, it won't take much work to wipe it down after it cools down from your last use. The oven also features a simple and removable crumb tray that you can easily rinse off in the sink. You'll have to choose either the toaster or oven option since only one function works at a time. The oven doesn't have a light, but it does come with an interior tray. This is an excellent option for an office, small dorm room or a kitchen with very limited space.
Things We Liked
Things We Didn't Like
10. Hamilton Beach Easy Reach Toaster Oven, Metallic (31334)
For a simple, easily cleanable and no frills approach to a toaster oven, you can't beat this unit. You'll enjoy easy access to your food, and it fits perfectly on your countertop. This unit won't produce so much heat that you'll have to avoid putting it under a cabinet. The system makes it possible to bake, broil and toast your way to perfection, and it is large enough to fit four pieces of toast in the unit. It also features a unique design and an extremely easy to clean setup.
The oven uses a roll-top design that makes it less likely you'll get food on the door. It also makes cleaning really easy since the entire inside of the unit comes out so you can rinse it off in the sink. The door removes completely so that you can keep the unit clean and tidy. This is one of the top toaster ovens for people who want something small, simple and easy to clean. It comes with a baking pan and oven rack. The unit will fit four pieces of toast comfortably.
The small unit is remarkably full-featured, and it makes it possible for you to select from two different rack positions. The 30-minute timer includes an optional auto shutoff option to ensure that your food doesn't overcook. If you need to keep the unit on longer, you can disable the auto shutoff function. This unit serves as a conversation piece and an ice-breaker. People who visit your home will want to know more about the unit and how it works. It's an ideal option for people who want just a little bit more than a toaster.
Things We Liked
Things We Didn't Like
11. BLACK+DECKER CTO6335S Stainless Steel Countertop Convection Oven
BLACK+DECKER is a popular brand among house wives. The company is known for its super –easy, highly functional, durable, affordable yet modern kitchen appliance. CTO6335S is another remarkable addition to the family, offering versatility, efficiency, space-saving and more importantly, affordability to all kinds of kitchens.
- First thing that makes this toaster oven stand out among the rest is its usability and space. It has a trapezium-like design from the side; slanting down outwards from the top. This slope makes CTO6335S Stainless Steel Countertop Convection Oven large enough to accommodate a full-size (12-inch) pizza. Plus, it features an interior which has an extra-deep curve, making sure that your 12-inch pizza sits perfectly inside.
- CTO6335S looks large and spacious but it’s not as heavy as other toaster ovens of the same size. It weighs around 18 pounds. So, moving and placing this appliance is not all that complicated. It is made of stainless steel so it is not only strong but also easy to clean.
- CTO6335S Countertop Toaster Oven features one-touch preset functions, to make your cooking fast and sophisticated. There is no need to worry about cooking time and internal temperature. All you need is set the time and temperature of the food and let the oven do the rest. You can, of course, change times according to your need. Moreover, the digital display is extra-large, so that you can keep an eye on the time and temperature from your living room.
- Convection cooking has been quite popular these days, as it distributed heat evenly and prepares the food faster than ordinary cooking methods. CTO6335S Convection Oven helps you save time, especially when you’re making breakfast for your kids. Plus, convection heating makes this toaster oven ideal for baking cookies and cakes.
- There is a baking pan included with the oven to maximize convenience. Then there is a crumb tray that can be removed for swift and easy cleaning.
- CTO6335S Countertop Convection Toaster Oven comes with a user manual and limited warranty.
BLACK+DECKER CTO6335S Stainless Steel Countertop Convection Oven falls in the category of sophisticated and high performance toaster ovens. It has an edge over its competitors because of the design, space and affordability. It may not have as many features as expensive toaster ovens, but it serves your day-to-day needs quite efficiently.
Things We Liked
Things We Didn't Like
12. BLACK+DECKER TO1303SB 4-Slice Toaster Oven
For people with less than or 4 people in the house, and for those who live single, BLACK+DECKER offers a smart and affordable solution for quick meals. If you have a small kitchen, or there is not enough space for large toaster oven, you can get BLACK+DECKER TO1303SB 4-Slice Stainless Steel Toaster Oven.
- BLACK+DECKER TO1303SB 4-Slice Toaster Oven offers a mix of traditional and modern toaster ovens. It offers knobs for adjusting time and controlling the temperature, instead of touch pad.
- For small kitchens with space issues, this toaster oven is ideal because of its weight. In fact, TO1303SB Toaster Oven is the lightest, with just 8 pound weight.
- If you’re in a hurry, preheating becomes annoying. This is where, you can trust this particular toaster oven as it does not require preheating, thereby saving your time to reach office.
- BLACK+DECKER TO1303SB 4-Slice Toaster Oven features Even Toast technology, making sure you get evenly toasted slice for breakfast. And that’s possible because of the two heating elements available at the top and bottom of the chamber. The heating elements are efficient enough to take care of cooking and baking as well.
- As a matter of fact, TO1303SB has 4 modes to take care of most day-to-day business in the kitchen, namely broil, toast, keep warm and bake. Going deeper, while broiling or keeping warm, top heating elements are activated. For baking and toasting, heating elements of both locations are activated. So, in one way, this toaster oven saves energy too.
- There is a 30-minute timer. The toaster oven also features Stay-On function, so that it doesn’t go on standby after time was reached.
- The toaster oven has internal dimensions of 10.75-inch by 9-inch by 7-inch. So, it’s spacious enough to bake a 9-inch pizza, or toast 4 slices in one go.
- Added accessories include one removable crumb tray to collect the food particles, making it easier for you to clean the chamber.
- Rubber toes help balance the toaster and prevents any vibrations during functioning.
- Although, the way cheaper than other similar models, it offers a warranty to make your purchase secure.
If you have one or two members in the family or you live far from your family, Black+Decker TO1303SB will take care of your meal. It’s fast, durable and quite sophisticated for people with limited usage.
Toaster Ovens Now Excluded From Our Top List
Cuisinart is another brand that needs no introduction when it comes to third generation cooking appliances. The maker is known for offering durable, attractive and highly sophisticated products at exceptional prices. TOB-135 Deluxe Convection Toaster Oven is yet another brand that hasn’t failed to impress customers worldwide.
From customizability to attractiveness, usage and durability, TOB-135 Deluxe Convection Toaster Oven Broiler has each and everything that you want to see in a modern day toaster oven. Here are few noteworthy features of this appliance.
- It is spacious and made of stainless steel. The interior is non sticky and easily cleanable. The accompanied accessories give the oven extra functionality. It has LED buttons and an electronic dial.
- Cuisinart TOB-135 Convection Toaster Oven is also quite spacious. It’s large enough to prepare 6 full-size toasts, roast 4-pound chicken, or bake a 12-inch pizza fairly easily.
- The toaster oven is equipped with every modern-day requirement in the book. It offers 9 preset cooking functions, which means it’s suitable for all types of food we eat on day to day basis. There are three cooking functions for broiling, baking or heating. The toasting function can be used for toasts or bagels. It features convection heating for broiling and baking. You can also thaw your snacks using defrost option. There is no guesswork for temperature setting as the preset functions set the appropriate temperature according to the food.
- TOB-135 Toaster Oven features heat sensors to maintain the food temperature and keep it as accurate as possible. You will always have consistent results and the temperature set will not be exceeded.
- The inside coating of the oven is non sticky and therefore easy to wipe. The accessories can be easily washed too.
- There are three rack positions for different kinds of food. So, the toaster oven is quite flexible too.
- With TOB-135 Convection Toaster Oven, you’ll get all kinds of accessories required for baking, broiling and cooking. Some of those accessories include broiling rack, baking pan, oven rack and a crumb tray which is removable for quick cleaning. Moreover, you’ll get a ceramic cookware and a recipe book as well.
- Physically, the toaster oven is perfect for all kinds of kitchens. It can be moved easily, thanks to 14-pound weight.
Cuisinart TOB-135 Deluxe Convection Toaster Oven has amazing functionality that match with high-end and expensive appliances. It is fast, offers exceptional control and can be used in more than one way. Considering the price, this toaster oven is certainly a steal of the year.
What You Need To Know About the Best Toaster Ovens
Convection Toaster Oven: It uses convection cooking. While cooking, the fan blows the heated air over the food. The best advantage that these models possess is the fact they can evenly and quickly cook your food. Also, you have the option of lowering oven temperature which in return saves a lot of energy. Most of these toaster ovens are highly priced but offer a sophisticated cooking experience.
After a thorough toast oven reviews, now the question is how do you plan to have one or if you a have one what else is there to know. To find the best one for you, make sure you purchase the one that suits all your cooking chores. Why is that? Some toaster ovens can only toast while others can even bake an entire chicken.
If you decided to acquire the Breville Smart Oven that goes for a price tag of over $100, when you only want to toast. Then this is wastage of money because there are those ovens that can toast and still have other several functions that are cheaper such as the Hamilton Beach 31334. In this case, the Breville is much more advanced to give you better results when you need to use it for many purposes while the Hamilton is simple to handle just a few of your cooking chores. So when the time comes for you to purchase a new kitchen appliance, it’s advisable to clearly know what’s comes with the toaster oven so that you can buy the one that comfortably fits all your needs.
Let’s start with determining your needs. Do you want to make toast, broil, and bake or preheat? That is the first question you ought to ask yourself before anything else. Probably most people want to do more than just toast bagels and bread. So, ask yourself the following questions before you decide to look for the best toaster oven you can get on the market.
- How much counter space are you planning to sacrifice for your toaster oven?
- Apart from toasting, what else can you do with a toaster oven?
- Do you require a toaster oven that functions as a convection oven?
- How many bread slices would you want the toaster oven you have to accommodate at one time?
- Lastly, how much is your budget?
Also, if you have no kitchen at all or your kitchen space is small, then don’t go for the large toaster ovens, you can substitute with a small one that won’t take much of your counter space. Most of the smaller ones are commonly used for reheating leftovers and making toast and not forgetting there are more economical than the bigger ones.
With that much said, now you’re in the position to purchase the good toaster oven that fits all your cooking needs. You can even compare the toaster ovens with their size or even functions to have the final say on which to have or the one to let go. I would recommend that you don’t be too hasty to acquire any toaster oven without knowing what it entails. Take your time on getting a toaster oven. I bet in the long run you won’t be disappointed in any way.
The Things to Consider When Searching For the Best Toaster Oven
There are many toaster ovens on the market. It can become so tricky and hard in the choice of this products. Here I have listed several factors to consider.
1. The Size Of The Toaster Oven
It’s the primary factor to consider. You need to know the bread slices you want to toast at once, it can either be 2, 4, or 6 slices. Also, how large do you require the slots to be? To accommodate your food. But the central aspect when you consider the size is the fact that, do you have enough counter space for your toaster? You have to decide whether you need a model that fits your cabinet or a countertop model. To make things much easier, before you purchase any toaster oven make sure you measure the space it will occupy.
2. The Cost Of The Product
A toasters oven can range from less than $50 and above $100 as seen in our toast oven reviews. Now, the choice depends on the budget you are on. You can opt to for the higher priced oven such as the Breville Smart Oven or go for the cheap Hamilton Beach 31334 depending on your budget. To be on the safe side, the countertop toaster that uses convection heating tend to be more expensive than those that are simpler and smaller.
3. How You Intend To Use It
It’s another factor to consider. If you’re planning on using this product for just toasting without caring about how the bread is evenly baked, then you can go for some cheap toasters that have few settings for any cooking chores. But if you’re the kind that wants to have the perfect cooked food then the ones that have a large slot and comes with the right settings is the toaster oven to choose. Be sure that this type will be expensive than those with few settings. Also, it depends on what you want to use it. It can either be bread, bagels. Waffles, English muffins, and the list continue. So you should choose the best toaster oven that satisfies all your needs.
4. Settings of the Toaster Oven
Some toasters just come with basic settings and are used by many customers while there are those that are more complex models that come with a broader range of settings. Most toasters have enough settings to cook different food correctly. But there are those with convection cooking that cooks so evenly and quickly and other have a rotisserie setting that will provide a great texture and flavor for your chicken or turkey.
5. The Ease Of Use And Cleaning
Having the preferred settings will make your work easier every time you want to use a toaster oven, and an LCD display also will ease your cooking. A toaster oven with a crumb tray that is easy to remove and a nonstick interior makes cleaning to be quick and easy.
You won’t be purchasing a toaster oven that you want to replace in a short period. The best way to know this is to read toaster oven reviews like the one we have here. You will need to check out some reviews from verified customers as well as the reputation of the brand you intend to purchase.
7. The Toaster Oven Features
The features describe what the toaster oven can do or cannot. Be careful in selecting the one that suits all the features you would want to have the best cooking experience. Some features are:
- An automatic adjustment that ensures your toast is evenly cooked.
- Cancel button that allows you to end toasting at any given time when you see that your toast is burning.
- Crumb tray that eases sue and the cleaning of the toaster.
- Convection heating that makes the cooking to be more evenly and faster.
- Rotisserie which is perfect for cooking chickens or turkeys.
Toaster Oven vs Microwave
The only difference that arises with the toaster ovens is the features as well as the price. And of course the brand name. In our case, we will be checking the difference between a toaster oven and a microwave. Both of them do almost similar cooking tasks, but due to the advancement in the technology, one is somehow better than the other.
Nowadays, toaster ovens have become an alternative to microwaves, and they easily perform the same tasks as a full-sized convection oven would do. Let’s start with the most common difference.
Toaster oven utilizes heating elements to raise the interior of the oven. The elements range from 1-6. It means that when preparing your food, it cooks both inside and outside and therefore take longer than microwaves to heat food.
Microwaves utilize electromagnetic wavelengths that heat up instantaneously and uniformly. It seems microwaves cook faster than toaster ovens, but the toaster oven produces an even cooking result.
- Toasting and Browning
Here microwaves can’t compete with toaster ovens. Microwaves can’t toast or brown foods. The toaster ovens are most preferred in this category since they are capable of toasting or browning foods. Also, they have a broiler function which heats quickly and makes an even browning. It would explain why in some homes they prefer toaster ovens to microwaves.
Another category won by the toaster oven. Most toaster ovens are mainly used for crisping meats such as chicken and bacon. Microwaves lack crisping because they use electromagnetic wavelengths for cooking which only heats from the inside out.
Both microwaves and toaster oven do a superb task of cooking frozen food. Microwaves are much faster, but those toaster ovens with convection cooking speed up the cooking process. Also, they add a crisp in your food which is not available with a microwave.
- Exterior and Interior heat
Most toaster ovens get hot on the outside especially during a prolonged use while microwaves remain cool at all times. If you’re cooking for long, make sure your toaster oven is placed in an enough spaced area, and nothing comes into contact with the oven. This an advantage to the microwave but should not limit you from using a toaster oven. Just make sure you follow all the safety measures.
A toaster oven is the best in keeping your food warm for a longer time as compared to a microwave. You can adjust the temperature which is not the case in the microwaves.
With that much said, it’s left for you to decide which appliance to use. But I would recommend the toaster oven as it comes with a lot of cooking functions than the microwave and it cooks so evenly and provides a perfect finishing for your meal.
What are the Advantages of Using a Toaster Oven?
- Energy Efficiency
Toaster ovens are energy efficient since they use a smaller amount of electricity than full-sized ovens. It because of their small size that they can reach expected cooking temperatures so quickly and thus saves energy. Conventional ovens similarly consume a lot of energy, and it can lead you to incur additional cost on cooling bills especially during summer since it transfers a lot of heat in their surroundings. The fact that toaster ovens have a small size, then they don’t transfer heat and are considered to be the best kitchen appliance.
Toaster ovens are very versatile and can tackle a lot of cooking activities such as reheating, toasting, broiling, baking, roasting, warming, and browning. There is a limitation in their sizes, however, there those that are bigger enough to accommodate a 12” pizza and perform most types of cooking.
These products offer convenience. Why? It comes especially when you don’t have the space to fit a full-sized oven or when you in a tight budget. A case of a college student, travelers, and others who cannot afford a full-sized oven can still enjoy the benefits from this ovens. There require less space and others can be mounted under the cabinet.
- Complements full-sized oven
Let’s say you have a large guest coming and using and coordinating a full-sized oven can become tough. But a toaster oven which cooks quickly and is easy to use is the ideal appliance to use. They require less space and can still perform the same functions as a sophisticated full-sized oven. Also, most toaster ovens can be moved around but that not the case for full-sized ovens.
- Easier to clean
Toaster ovens have crumb tray that in some models are removable which eases the cleaning process while others can be dish washed. To clean full-sized ovens can be tiresome when leaning into the conventional oven. So if you want to make your cleaning easy then go for the best toaster oven on the market.
6 Types of People Who Need a Toaster Oven
Toaster ovens have been in existence for an extended period, but that does not mean that everyone is using or have used these ovens. The reason is that the toaster ovens have become so underrated such that if you were to tell someone that you still use a toaster oven, it would come as a surprise to them. Why is that? The existence of full-sized conventional ovens and the microwaves that are commonly used in many households.
Recently, there has been technology advancements in the toaster ovens that makes them the ideal appliance to have in your kitchen. What are you waiting for? Go and get one today and enjoy the benefits that come when using these simple-to-use gadgets. Are you wondering if you’re the kind that requires a toaster oven for your daily activities? Then read down to know where you fall under the six types of people who need a toaster oven.
1. The College Student
If you’re in college, it’s always difficult to prepare your meals. It seems you're the kind that does not cook any food back at home. Now, you’re in a place where you want to socialize, do extracurricular activities as well as sleeping late nights when cramming tests. Cooking for you becomes too much hustle. Also, you live on a tight budget, and your place is not that large to accommodate any appliance. Then you can go for a toaster oven that will ease up your life. You can pop a pizza or eat dinners while watching a movie.
2. The Bachelor
Most of the bachelors live a simple life. They don’t even own lots of stuff. It can be a bed, couch and a TV. Also, when it comes to dining they only eat a meal that is quick to prepare as their watching television. It can either be a hot dog or a pizza roll. If you’re a bachelor, the only thing that comes to your mind is that I’m only cooking for myself then what the heck do I need a whole kitchen for. Then the toaster oven should be your daily appliance to use.
3. The Teenage Parent
Parenthood is not any easy task. Once you there you can’t turn back and the only thing to do is to take care of all of your responsibilities. After school, every kid wants a snack and allowing them to use a stove can lead to deadly causes such as fires. They can be warming the food and decide to go out and play and that how most houses gets burned. As a parent, you would put measures that if they need to preheat any food, they should just throw it in the toaster oven, which mostly has an automatic shut off.
4. The Terrible Cook
You don’t need to be a terrible cook to use a toaster oven, but sometimes you can dislike cooking. Maybe you have friends coming over, and you have doubts about your cooking style, then the toaster oven should be your lifesaver. You can always come up with an easy and quick toaster oven recipe to satisfy all your cooking needs. Are you hungry and you don’t know what to cook? With a toaster oven, you can always get an alternative to cooking any meal.
5. The Terrible Cook
If you’re the kind that has a busy schedule every day, then a toaster oven should be your ideal appliance to opt for. You can either be a business man or woman, a traveler, or even a busy stay at home parent. Are you exhausted in standing over a stove for long? Then go for a toaster oven. Also, if you’re in a hurry to do things especially in the morning while taking your breakfast, then all you need is a toaster oven to simplify your daily cooking routine.
6. The Restaurant Chef
Today is a busy day, and you have a lot of customers coming in. Where after warming, let’s say a pizza with a full-sized conventional oven a customer says that the meal is not according to his wish. You have to go back and warm it. Now, imagine you have several clients who want their different meal to be warmed and done quickly. It’s where a toaster oven would come to your rescue. They are easy to use and cook food so fast.
If you're on the fence about buying a toaster oven, there is no better time to buy one than right now. There are units that will appeal to all types of consumers, all you need to do is determine what the best toaster oven is for you. If you need a full oven replacement, the Oster and Breville options give you the most room. If you just want something a little bigger than a toaster, consider the Hamilton Beach Roll-Top Toastation oven or the Easy Reach model.
No matter what unit you choose, you'll be able to save a significant amount of energy by getting one of these units. Your food will cook better, you will enjoy faster cooking times and you can ditch your toaster for a new and improved toaster oven. If you're really looking to save space, just purchase one of the options that attach to the bottom of your cabinetry.
It's time to reduce your power bill and cook more efficiently with the best toaster oven that will have you spending less time with your head in the oven. Our personal recommendation is to save up and buy the Breville 1800-Watt Smart Oven. It offers a brilliant design, exceptional features and plenty of room to cook most anything your heart desires.