Preparing meals at home using recipes is something that you should be doing more often especially if you have a family. You can give and share love with the family members by including them in meal preparation. If you have children, they will start learning to cook from a younger age. When they grow up and become independent individuals, they will not need to depend so much on restaurant food. You can also avoid food poisoning when you prepare food at home. It is usually caused by food-borne pathogens like parasites, bacteria and viruses which can cause very serious harm to your health or even cause death. Since you have no idea about what goes during the preparation of food in restaurants, you are at high risk of getting food poisoning especially if you eat in places that do not take hygiene very seriously. Chances of getting food poisoning when you cook at home are very low because you are in control of what goes into your foods and how they are prepared.
Here is a simple recipe that you can try at home. It is for making blue cheese breadsticks.
Blue Cheese Breadsticks
This is a recipe that will go well with your favorite dips. It is not hard to prepare at all. The breadsticks feature a winning flavor combination that you will definitely love.
- Preparation time: 30 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 10
- 1/2 cup of unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup of finely chopped chives
- 1/4 cup of chilled butter
- 1 cup of crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of cold water
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- First of all, you will need to spoon the flour into measuring cups and then level it with a knife. After doing that, combine flour with the butter using a food processor and then pulse to blend it.
- Next, you will need to add cheese, salt, chives and pepper to the mixture and then pulse until it resembles coarse meal.
- After that, drizzle some water into flour mixture until the dough becomes a ball and then roll the dough into a 16 by 8 inch rectangle.
- Using a plastic wrap, wrap the dough and then refrigerate it for 4 hours or until it becomes firm.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and then cut the dough crosswise into thin slices. Put the slices 1/2 inch apart from each other on a baking sheet that is lined with parchment and then allow them to bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes. The edges should become lightly browned.
- Allow the bread sticks to cool on wire racks.
In those few simple steps, you will have your blue cheese breadsticks ready. You can prepare them for dinner any day of the week. You should give them a try if you want your family to have something totally different and unique from what they are used to for supper. Even if you have never made them before or you hardly ever make bread, you will not find any difficulties making them using this recipe.