Finding time and energy to cook at home is of great importance whether you live on your own or are a busy parent. You can use food recipes to improve your cooking experience and also prepare meals that you never thought you could cook. While ordering in or eating out may seem like the quickest and easiest solution, it is actually not the best solution. The convenience foods may end up taking a toll on your health in the long run because most of them are high in additives and chemicals, unhealthy fat, hormones and other unhealthy ingredients. Do not be fooled by their sweetness. When you prepare food at home, you will not only be eating healthy, but you will also have the pleasure of sharing the meals with your family and friends. The simple act of talking to the ones you love over meals may play a very big role in boosting your mood and relieving stress.
To help you get started with preparing meals at home, here is a dark chocolate madeleines recipe.
Dark Chocolate Madeleines
If you are a chocolate lover, these chocolate madeleines will be your dream comes true. They are perfect for hostess gifts and luncheons.
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 12
- 3 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1 stick or 4oz of unsalted butter
- 3 oz bar of bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped (70% to 82%)
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of pure vanilla
- 1/4 cup of special dark cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
How to Prepare
- Put the butter in a microwave-safe bowl and then allow it to melt in the microwave.
- After that, add the finely chopped chocolate in the bowl and allow it to sit for 30 seconds and then stir until it becomes smooth. Set it aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, sift the flour, salt, baking powder and cocoa powder and then set it aside.
- Put the eggs in a stand mixer bowl and beat for about 3 minutes at high speed until it becomes thick and light yellow.
- After that, reduce the beating speed a little and then add sugar gradually. After some time, increase the speed to high and then beat the mixture for about 4 minutes until it is light.
- Add the cocoa/flour mixture and then gently fold it into the sugar/egg mixture with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon.
- After that, add the cooled chocolate and butter mixture and then blend it for some time, and then gently fold it while making sure that it is evenly mixed. But make sure that it remains light and fluffy.
- Take a plastic wrap and use it to cover the bowl and then put the batter in the fridge for about an hour and up.
- Take the special madeleine molds and fill them up 2/3 full or you can use a well-buttered and floured mini muffin pan.
- After that, preheat your oven at 425 degrees Fahrenheit and then bake the madeleines for about seven minutes in order to get a nice rise. Reduce the heat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and then continue cooking for about 4 minutes.
- Put the baked madeleines in an airtight container or serve and eat with your family.
This is an easy and delicious recipe that you will definitely be making again if you try it once. The dark chocolate madeleines are a great treat for chasing away the stress of a hard day. They are soft, moist, and perfectly wonderful.