With a lot of fast food joints and restaurants offering different types of foods nowadays, most people do not see the need to cook from home. But the truth of the matter is that cooking at home has a lot of benefits compared to eating outside. If you do not know how to cook, you can use recipes to prepare just about any meal you want. If you estimate the money that you usually spend to eat in restaurants, you will find that it is a lot compared to what you will spend if you decided to cook from home. Besides, there is no way that you can know for sure that the foods that you eat at restaurants are healthy. This because you have no idea what happens in the kitchen when they are being prepared. But when you cook at home, you will be absolutely sure that you are eating healthy because you will be in control of what goes into your meals.
To help you get started with cooking meals at home using recipes, here is how to prepare pumpkin, chili and coconut soup for #weekdaysupper.
Pumpkin, Chili and Coconut Soup #WeekdaySupper
This is one of the easiest soups to make in your kitchen. It will be one of your favorites if you try it once.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 4
The Pumpkin Soup:
- 2 kg of pumpkin
- 1 carrot
- 1 red long chili (seeds removed)
- 4 cups of vegetable stock or chicken stock
- 1 can of coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon of powdered ginger
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
The Side of Garlic Croutons:
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 slices of white sourdough
- 1 tablespoon of butter
How to Prepare
The Pumpkin Soup:
- First, you will need to peel the pumpkin and carrot and then cut them into medium two inch chunks
- After that, you will need to heat the vegetable oil in a big stock pot over medium-high heat and then add the pumpkin and carrot and allow them cook for about 3 minutes. Stir them until they are lightly browned.
- Add to the pot 4 cups of stock along with chopped chili and ginger and then allow them to simmer for about 20 minutes. After this, the vegetables should be soft.
- After that, you will need to take the soup from the heat and then blend it using a stick blender, and then mix in coconut cream.
- Heat the soup until it comes to a boil and then turn off the heat and set it aside until serving.
The Garlic Croutons:
- You will need to cut the garlic clove in half and then rub it generously on both sides of the bread slices to flavor.
- After that, chop the bread into small 2 centimeter cubes and then heat butter in a small frying pan until it becomes bubbly.
- Add bread squares to the pan and cook while stirring until they are lightly browned and crisp on both sides. After that, you can serve them with the soup you prepared earlier.
You definitely want to give this soup a try because it is very delicious. It is a perfect weekday supper recipe. The kick of chili and ginger is set off by the soothing coconut milk. In case you do not get pumpkin, you can try butternut squash instead.