Recipes are meant to provide people with cooking techniques and ingredients that will help them prepare foods that they never imagined they could prepare. If you do not have a recipe book in your kitchen already, you are missing out a lot. Instead of preparing the same kinds of foods every now and then, the recipes can help you get creative and explore new horizons. You can be able to prepare those foods that you usually eat in fancy hotels or restaurants right in your kitchen and save some money. Apart from saving you money, recipes can also save you a good amount of time. The procedures or directions that are provided by the recipes will help you make good use of your time and handle food preparation more efficiently. The number of recipes that you can try is countless. But in this article, we look at how quick no boil tuna pasta bake can be prepared.
Quick No Boil Tuna Pasta Bake
This is an easy pasta bake that does not take a lot of time to prepare. It will only take about ten minutes of preparation time.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 35 minutes
- Servings: 4
- 300g of pasta (dried)
- 1 garlic (clove), crushed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 160g of tuna
- 1 teaspoon of oregano, dried
- 400g of chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 100g of cheddar cheese, grated
How to Prepare
- First, you will need to heat the pasta for 2 minutes less than what is stated on the packet and then drain.
- After that, you will need to heat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius or turn your gas cooker to mark 4 and then pour olive oil or tuna oil if you have some into the pan and then fry some onion and garlic.
- The rest of the oil should be poured away. After doing that add the tuna to the pan and then heat through. Mix them for about one minute and then add the chopped tomatoes, some black pepper and herbs and allow them to cook for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add the sauce that you just prepared to the pasta you had prepared earlier on and then pile it onto an oven dish and then top with grated cheese.
- Allow it to bake for about 20 to 30 minutes before serving.
This is a very easy meal to prepare when you are in haste. It will not take a lot of your time. You can get creative by adding to the sauce a small amount of red wine in order to make the tuna paste bake more delicious. Another thing that you can do is adding sweet corn, mushrooms or a stock cube to the water used for making pasta for extra taste. If you are not a big fan of tuna, you can use the same recipe but replace it with chopped up bacon. Also, instead of baking the pasta, you can keep things simple by mixing everything in a large bowl. All in all, it is a great Sunday supper recipe that you should give a try.