Healthy food recipes can be very helpful on your journey towards fitness and wellness. If you do not use them more often, you should consider doing so. You will be able to prepare absolutely any food you want when you have the recipes. If you rarely eat at home, the recipes will help you change. They will give you the ability to cook the dishes that you usually eat at restaurants right from your home. You will have control over the ingredients and portion size of the food that you cook. If you are currently out of shape and are trying to lose weight, it will be easier to keep your calories in check if you cook from home. You can also introduce in your diet more healthy and fresh ingredients that will help you lose weight faster.
In this article, we take a look at how you can prepare spiced honey peach muffins for #sundaysupper right from your kitchen.
Spiced Honey Peach Muffins
These muffins will become your new family favorite if you give them a try. They do not take long to prepare and are very delicious.
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 12
- 290 grams of plain flour
- 200 grams of light brown sugar (soft, plus extra for toppings)
- 2 tablespoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon of allspice
- 1 teaspoon of table salt
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 130 ml milk
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 100 ml sunflower oil
- 4 peaches, diced (skin on)
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- A dash of ground ginger
How to Prepare
- First, you will need to preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and then prepare muffin tins.
- After that, combine the diced peaches with ground ginger, lemon juice, allspice and cinnamon. Once you have done that, set aside spiced peaches.
- Put the sugar and eggs in a bowl and then whisk them until they are well combined.
- Using another bowl (the stand mixer bowl will be perfect), whisk together flour, salt and baking powder and then add the egg and sugar mixture that you just made.
- Combine together sunflower oil, milk and vanilla and then slowly add them to the to the egg/sugar and flour mixture that you just made. Be careful not to over mix, and then fold in the spiced peaches gently.
- Divide the batter equally among the prepared muffin cups using a large spoon. At this point, you can add honey to the muffins.
- Allow them to bake for about 10 minutes until they turn golden and cool them in a muffin tin for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack. Cool them before serving.
Note: You can add the honey as topping to some muffins and omit it for others. Both versions will be very delicious and will still be fresh even after the next day.
You will definitely like this dish for Sunday supper with your family. If you like the smell of summer fresh peaches, then by all means you need to try this recipe. The muffins are so sweet. The honey that they are topped with makes them sweeter.