Using recipes to prepare meals may not only help to save time and money, but it can also help you create meals that have proper balance of the essential nutrients, including proteins, carbohydrates and the essential vitamins and minerals that are required by your body. When you eat balanced meals, your body will feel satisfied and cravings will reduce. If you usually have late night cravings, you are going to start seeing a difference once you are start preparing and eating balanced meals. Using recipes to prepare meals can also help with weight control. When you eat at fast food joints or restaurants, you have no idea about the number of calories that you are consuming. But when you cook at home using recipes, you will be in control of the serving sizes, something that will in turn prevent overeating.
In this article, we take a look at how you can prepare spiced pumpkin caramel sauce from home.
Spiced Pumpkin Caramel Sauce
Anyone can make this spiced pumpkin caramel sauce. Very few ingredients are used and it does not take a lot of work and time to cook. You should definitely try it today if you like trying new things in your kitchen.
- Preparation time: 1 minute
- Cooking time: 6 minutes
- Servings: 6
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 5 tablespoons of butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice
How to Prepare
- The first thing you will need to do is cook the sugar at medium heat in a large skillet until it is fully melted. The sugar will start out dry, and then start to clump, and then become mostly melted and become brown, and then become smooth and brown.
- After making sure that the sugar is smooth, add the butter and then stir quickly until the mixture bubbles up.
- Once the butter has melted completely, you will need to add in the heavy whipping cream. The mixture will bubble. Stir it and then allow it to boil for one minute.
- After that, take the mixture off the heat and then add salt and add pumpkin pie spice. You will need to stir to incorporate the salt and spice and then pour it into a heat safe container. Do not try to test the mixture right away because it will be extremely hot.
- Serve the sauce once it becomes cool and enjoy it with your family and friends. Store the rest in the fridge for up to two weeks.
This spiced pumpkin caramel sauce is very yummy. It might look boring before you prepare it, but after testing it when it is ready, you will never want to stop eating it. You can drizzle it on ice cream, cookies and cakes, serve it with apples, or use it any way you desire. The fact that it does not take a lot of time to prepare means that you can make it any time in the kitchen, be it morning, afternoon or evening. So what are you waiting for? Go ahead and give it a try now!