Rice cookers have become quite common in households, but when it comes to best rice cooker there are quite a few things to consider before buying one. While precision cooking and quality of cooked rice has been the number 1 concern, cooks and chefs tend to look for ease-of-use and durability of the utensil as well. To add to that, modern-day rice cookers always have something to amaze you.
For example, some top rated rice cookers can differentiate between white rice and brown rice, and they cook them at different temperatures. Then you have options to cook your rice according to your likings. Well, there are quite a lot of features to discuss. So, we suggest you read further and take a look at some of the best rice cookers 2017 we found out for you.
Rice cookers aren’t just the tools for preparing your rice. They have advanced and have taken a lot more responsibilities than you can imagine. From basic to most advanced models, rice cookers can be categorized into 5 major types.
- Basic rice cooker models have simple on/off switch. They don’t have fancy design and the best thing about them is, they switch of automatically when the rice are done. Basic rice cooker models are certainly the cheapest.
- If you can spend in excess of $40 to $70, you can choose top rated rice cookers with keep-warm feature. This feature gives you a liberty to keep any type of food warm for hours. Normally, they have steamer tray and nonstick pans.
- If you’re going for high-budget models in excess of $100, then there are lots of digital models in the market. Rice cookers with digital controls have transitional designs, and they can keep your food warm for up to 12-hours or so. There may be other features as well, depending upon the make and model.
- Fuzzy Logic Technology takes rice cooker into the new generation. It gives added advantage and increases its ability to prepare soup, brown rice, and allows you to prepare your rice according to your favorite texture. Rice cookers with fuzzy logic technology are high on demand these days, but they come expensive.
- Induction heating is the latest advancement in rice cookers. It literally liberates you from doing anything other than pouring a bowl of rice into your cooker. There is no need to measure the quantity of rice or water level. This technology makes your rice cooker smart enough to adapt to the given situation, and prepare the best rice.
- Zojirushi NS-TSC10
- Zojirushi NS-LAC05XT
- Zojirushi NS-ZCC10
- Instant Pot IP-DUO60 7-in-1
- VitaClay VF7700-6
- Tiger JNP-1800-FL
- Zojirushi NP-HCC10XH
- Cuisinart CRC-800
- Zojirushi NS-VGC05
- Tiger Corporation JBV-A10U-W
- Aroma Simply Stainless
- Aroma Housewares ARC-914SBD
- Aroma Housewares ARC 150SB
- Aroma Housewares Pot Style Rice Cooker
- BLACK+DECKER RC506
Top Rice Cooker Brands
The manufacturer that makes the best rice cooker is Zojirushi. They have a long history of making exceptional products. Another manufacturer that makes high-quality rice cookers is Instant Pot, they tend to make easy to use products that will help you enjoy delicious rice with little effort. Tiger, Cuisinart, and VitaClay are also some top-rated rice cooker brands that will help you enjoy your rice rather than slave over your meals. Finally, Aroma rice cooker reviews note that these rice cookers are exceptionally well-suited to the modern kitchen, and you should be able to enjoy delicious rice with minimal effort.
Whether you're looking for the best Zojirushi rice cooker, the best stainless steel rice cooker or the best brown rice cooker, the best-rated rice cooker will help you achieve your goals and make amazing rice in a matter of minutes. No more burning your rice and turning your dish into a chewy mess. Rice is one of the harder foods to get just right, but a rice cooker will go a long way toward simplifying the process.
Given this criteria, what are the best rice cookers in 2017? Let’s take a look
Best Rice Cooker 2017
#1 Zojirushi NS-TSC10 5-1/2-Cup (Uncooked) Micom Rice Cooker
We are going to start off our rice cooker reviews with the Zojirushi NS-TSC10 5-1/2-Cup (Uncooked) Micom Rice Cooker and Warmer, 1.0-Liter. This rice cooker is, admittedly, on the higher end of the price spectrum. But if you happen to be generous when it comes to your budget, then this will be worth every extra dollar you will be spending.
We’ve already mentioned Zojirushi being top rated rice cooker brand, and NS-TSC10 5.5 Cup Rice Cooker is an excellent example. If you look at performance and quality, there is no better option than Zojirushi NS-TSC10 5-1/2 Cup (Uncooked) Micom Rice Cooker and Warmer. If you can spend in the range of $150 to $200, this rice cooker model should be the easy pick for you. Let’s take a look at some noteworthy features of this product.
- Fuzzy logic technology has been a sensation in the cooking industry and the good news is, NS-TSC10 features this technology. The technology is smart enough to understand what to cook and how to cook without any instructions. It has built in functions to cook your rice according to your requirements.
- Zojirushi NS-TSC10 Micom Rice Cooker and Warmer offers LCD display. Then thre are digital controls. The appliance is customer friendly and highly customizable, because you can program it according to your requirements.
- The reason why NS-TSC10 is among the best rice cooker models is, it offers more menu settings than any other electric rice cooker in the market. There are different options, including brown, cake, white/mixed sushi, steam, sweet, porridge and quick cooking etc.
- Now, let’s get down to the construction. NS-TSC10 features stainless steal exterior that is also easy to clean and clear. And don’t forget that automatic keep warm feature.
- If you’re concerned about space and capacity, this model is the perfect answer for you. NS-TSC10 5-1/2-cup Uncooked Rice Cooker offers 1-liter capacity that makes it stand out from the league as the best rice cooker. Considering the capacity, Zojirushi NS-TSC10 Micom Rice Cooker and Warmer has a dimension of 14 x 10.1 x 8.5 inches looks quite compact. 1-liter space is more than enough for 5.5 cups of uncooked rice.
*What You’re Getting
Technically, you can serve 10 - 12 people on the dinner table at once. Modern-day features such as micom fuzzy logic technology, double steamer, 2 delay timer settings and reheating cycles make this appliance a must-have item for large families.
#2 Zojirushi NS-LAC05XT Micom 3-Cup Rice Cooker and Warmer
The next rice cooker in our list is from Zojirushi again. So basically you can expect almost the same features and capabilities.
If you have a small family, yet you don’t want to miss any feature that the above mentioned Zojirushi model offers, you can go for Zojirushi NS-LAC05XT 3-Cup Micom Rice Cooker and Warmer. The rice cooker offers multiple functionality, attractive design, durability, and more importantly, reasonable price. Here are some features of this model.
- Staring with the capacity, NS-LAC05XT rice cooker offers enough space to accommodate small families. It offers 3 full cups of cooked rice, which means, you can cook or keep warm rice for your kids. Handling will not be an issue for housewives, as this model has extremely light weight of 7 pounds. So, you can place it anywhere in the kitchen without anyone helping you.
- Since you’ll need rice cooker for day-to-day use, you must be concerned about sturdiness and durability. Zojirushi NS-LAC05XT has a strong stainless steel body, so even if it accidently falls, it can withstand that hit on the floor. The inner pot is washable and detachable.
- There are multiple menus to make think ultra safe and sophisticated for users. Micom Fuzzy Logic Technology is a big plus, and problem solver for those who haven’t prepared rice before. Apart from the built-in menu programs, you can also program this rice cooker according to your choice. With quick cooking option, you can take care of urgent cooking tasks. In short, preparing porridge, brown rice, mixed or white sushi won’t get any simpler than this.
- Performance wise, Zojirushi NS-LAC05XT Micom Rice Cooker operates at 120 volts. It features a powerful 610 motor for quick and easy cooking. In short, this modelis quite eficcient and cost effective for you.
- You’ll get many accessories with this rice cooker and warmer, such as steam tray, measuring cup, serving spatula etc. Plus, there is a recipe booklet as well as user manual to guide you through to rice cooking.
- Other features, such as LCD display and digital controls make things easier. Plus, this rice cooker will keep you updated with the status of rice as well as internal temperature.
- Finally, Zujirushi NS-LAC05XT Rice Cooker and Warmer offers one-year warranty to make your purchase secure.
Apart from the basic factors, such as durability, portability and rice cooking, Zujirushi NS-LAC05XT Rice Cooker and Warmer has many things to amaze you.
It will be your best companion in the kitchen, especially when you don’t know how to cook rice. It will take you through the learning phase quite smoothly. If you’re living away from home and miss your mom’s rice, Zojirushi will make rice cooking quite easier for you.
#3 Zojirushi NS-ZCC10 5-1/2-Cup (Uncooked) Neuro Fuzzy Rice Cooker and Warmer
The next stop in our rice cooker reviews is another product coming from Zojirushi. The Zojirushi NS-ZCC10 5-1/2-Cup (Uncooked) Neuro Fuzzy Rice Cooker and Warmer, Premium White, 1.0-Liter is definitely something you might want to get your hands on to if you like very advanced technology in your appliances. As the name suggests, it employs Neuro Fuzzy Logic.
Let’s take a look at some of its features.
- Starting with the design and construction, Zojirushi NS-ZCC10 Rice Cooker and Warmer is undoubtedly the most eye-catching model today. It looks quite stunning with its round and delicate shape, but don’t think it’s less sturdy than others.
- Talking about the technology, NS-ZCC10 has the latest of them all. It features Neuro Fuzzy technology that automatically sets the cooker to the right temperature of the rice.
- The rice cooker features multiple menu settings. You can white sushi, brown rice, mixed sushi, and even quick cook when you have less time.
- The rice cooker features LCD display, digital controls and programmable panel. Moreover, there is a One-delay timer setting for better convenience. It’s a limitation in one way, since we have seen some models with 2-delay timer settings.
- NS-ZCC10 has a spacious 1-liter pot that can consume 5.5 cups of rice. The dimensions of 14 x 8 x 10 inches prove how spacious it is. The utensil weighs around 8.5 pounds, which means, it’s manageable for most people.
- Zojirushi NS-ZCC10 is extremely powerful. It features a powerful motor that operates at 860 watts. In order to balance the power, the rice cooker features durable and sturdy stainless steel body. Moreover, you’ll get 1-year limited warranty along with the product.
- Other accessories include steam tray, two cups for measuring rice and serving spatula. User manual and a recipe booklet are also included with the package.
*In a Nutshell
If you want an appliance that takes care of everything and you just need to pour rice in it, you must buy NS-ZCC10 5.5 cup Neuro Fuzzy Rice Cooker for your kitchen. It is modern. It is massive and it has everything you want in the best rice cooker.
#4 Instant Pot IP-DUO60 7-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cooker
If you think pressure cookers are not supposed to cook rice, you should take a look at this amazing product that can do more than what an ordinary rice cooker can. Instant Pot IP-DUO60 7-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cooker is simply amazing when it comes to cooking meals, especially rice, sushi and more. A best rice cooker should be able to not only cook rice, but to preserve taste and flavor for hours and that’s what this cooker can do. It can cook rice, keeps them warm automatically, works differently for different types of rice, and offers 3 temperature controls.
Not to mention about the large 6 Quarts capacity, this 7-in-1 programmable pressure cooker offers rice cooking, slow cooking, browning, steaming, yogurt making and warming features. Does any other rice cooker have that versatility? The answer is “No".
You may be concerned about the safety and hygiene of the cooked rice. This digital appliance best answers your concerns. All of its 10 amazing safety features have been certified by UL and ULC, so there is no need to worry about the safety and hygiene.
Instant Pot IP-DUO60 comprises of stainless steel cooking pot with 3-ply bottom, stainless steel rack and handle. The outer rim is coated with heat resistant paint, so that you can hold it without feeling the heat. The full size rated inner pot capacity allows you to cook all kinds of food for the entire family. Moreover, the cooker is energy efficient, takes far less time than ordinary rice cookers to cook your rice, thanks to its built-in functions.
The large and sophisticated control panel has 14 built-in smart programs, including automatic keep-warm, dual pressure and 3 temperature controls for sauté cooking, making it compatible, stress-free and smart enough to take on any cooking challenge.
Apart from cooking rice, you can program IP-DUO60 to prepare Soup, stew, beans, chilli Saute and steam. Because of the dual pressure setting, the cooker takes 70% less time than ordinary cookware, to prepare your food. Enjoy cooking French, Chinese and English recipes that are included in the product.
#5 VitaClay VF7700-6 Chef Gourmet 6-Cup Rice and Slow Cooker
The VitaClay VF7700-6 can definitely keep up with the other rice cookers in this list. This 6-cup rice cooker is programmable with a computerized clay heating technology. And no, the clay is not just in the name. It really does employ an all natural clay cooking pot!
Said clay has been used for cooking for thousands of years. This is because that particular type of clay absorbs and retains heat superbly and that makes it ideal for making things for cooking. Basically the VitaClay VF7700-6 is a clever mash up of the past and the present advancements in technology.
The VitaClay VF7700-6 also has a double-lid design. That design creates a micro-pressure. When all of that is put in to consideration, this rice cooker will end up almost 50 % more energy efficient compared to most rice cookers available in the market.
As you know, we can’t just consider this the top rice cooker if it just cooks rice and nothing else, right? The VitaClay VF7700-6 will offer you a selection of 4 pre-programmed settings: rice, brown rice, stew, and soup. It can also be programmed to cook from 30 minutes up to 12 hours.
#6 Tiger JNP-1800-FL 10-Cup (Uncooked) Rice Cooker and Warmer
The design of this unit is striking. With its floral theme, you'll love the way this rice cooker looks on your countertop. The unit comes with several advanced features, and it's right in the middle of the price range for those who want a more enjoyable flavor without the cost.
There is a non-stick inner pan that allows you to easily clean the unit. It also features a retractable design, so that you can hide the cord and keep the unit sitting squarely on your kitchen counter, or take it with you and cook or reheat your rice at your destination. The top maintains a solid fit, and you won't have to worry about spillover when you follow the recommended dosing for the unit.
The product is made in Japan, which is the home of the original rice cooker. This rice cooker also comes with several presets to ensure that you're getting the best quality rice. The presets use an intelligent control to ensure that your rice is cooked properly and with the right temperature. This may not be the ideal rice cooker for those who want to cook a variety of dishes. It tends to cook rice extremely well, but it can be difficult to cook other dishes.
Weighing about 10 pounds, the rice cooker can be moved around and carried with you fairly easily. You can also get the rice cooker in a few different designs. If you don't like the floral design, there is a stainless steel option that should provide you with a more classic and reliable look. This rice cooker also comes with all of the tools you need to get started right away. You'll get a spatula, rice measuring cup and the interior pan that is designed to evenly cook your rice.
#7 Zojirushi NP-HCC10XH Induction Heating System Rice Cooker and Warmer, 1 L
This rice cooker uses induction heating, which heats the inner cooking pan even;y. This results in the ability to maintain precise temperatures to ensure that your rice comes out perfectly. The pan itself is heated using a system that incorporates magnets into the process. You'll be able to prepare rice and other foods using high heat without burning your food. This rice cooker also enables you to make perfect sushi rice so you can experiment with hand rolling your own sushi creations.
There is a multi-function menu that offers settings for a variety of foods. One special setting is the GABA brown rice setting. It uses a specific temperature of 104 degrees Fahrenheit for two hours to ensure that the nutrient content is kept in brown rice. This process of cooking increases the nutrient level of the rice by 1.5 times. There is also a Jasmine setting that enables you to cook Jasmine rice without worrying about pre-soaking. The unit will soak the rice for you and then automatically begin the cooking process.
When it comes time for you to enjoy your rice, a melody sounds to let you know the rice is ready to eat. This setting can also be set to a single beep or turned off to avoid bothering others in the house. The rice cooker also comes with a warm setting so you can keep your rice warm for up to eight hours. The extended war setting enables you to keep the temperature slightly lower to avoid the yellow tinge and dry texture that often comes from an extended warm setting. Additional settings allow you to cook your rice the way you want and you can select from a regular, soft or hard setting.
Here is a rice cooker from one of the more known manufacturers of things that you need in the kitchen. If you do not think of Cuisinart when you are contemplating of buying appliances for your kitchen, then I do not know anymore. In our rice cooker reviews is the Cuisinart CRC-800 8-Cup Rice Cooker.
The design of this rice cooker had me gushing. I know this is not the traditional cylindrical design, but trust me it has its great advantages. Top of the list of what makes the square design is the fact that it is very efficient when it comes to the space it will take up on your counter.
Adding to the modern and chic feel is the fact that the exterior of the Cuisinart CRC-800 is made with brushed stainless steel. It will definitely blend in with your other modern gadgets if you are going for that effect. It even has a built in retractable power cord to achieve a clutter free space.
The Cuisinart CRC-800 can steam rice, meats and vegetables. It can make from 8 cups up to 15 cups of cooked rice. As expected of a great rice cooker, it senses when the food you are cooking is done and then automatically switches to keep war mode. That ensures that your food will stay warm for serving but avoids overcooking anything.
It comes with a stainless steel steaming basket where you can cook your healthy steamed veggies or meat. It features indicator lights that switches from cook and warm, so you will not be confused just by looking at the light. The modern look is also aided by its tempered glass and chrome plated materials.
Things We Liked
Things We Didn't Like
#9 Zojirushi NS-VGC05 Micom 3-Cup (Uncooked) Electric Rice Cooker and Warmer
The Micom 3-Cup Electric Rice Cooker is another product by Zojirushi, and it uses fuzzy logic technology to ensure a properly cooked batch of rice each time. The cooker holds three cups of uncooked rice, and it can produce up to six cups of cooked rice. It's easy to use and read thanks to the LCD control panel that makes it possible to ensure you're getting the best possible control over your food.
The thick inner pan features a spherical shape to ensure that the rice cooks evenly. The rice cooker is easy to clean and maintain. The detachable power cord makes it easier to store this rice cooker when it's not in use. You can also travel fairly easily with the rice cooker to take your rice with you anywhere. While it's not rated for outdoor use, provided you have a clean, flat and level surface, this rice cooker would work in an outdoor setting.
The menu settings provide the optimal settings to make white rice, mixed rice, sushi rice, porridge, and cake. The rinse-free setting and quick cooking options are less commonly found options that will enable you to cook additional types of rice with little to no preparation. Unlike many rice cookers, you can cook as little as 1/2 cup of rice, which is perfect if you're just making a single meal for yourself.
This is a rice cooker that is able to automatically respond to the current state of your rice. It adjusts the temperature and length of the cooking time to help you get the perfect rice each time. For its utility and performance, this is an exceptional rice cooker that will make quick work of even the most difficult to cook rice.
Things We Liked
Things We Didn't Like
#10 Tiger Corporation JBV-A10U-W 5.5-Cup Micom Rice Cooker with Food Steamer and Slow Cooker
The cooking pan on this unit uses a BPA-free material to reduce the chance of toxins leaching into the food. It also features an innovative synchro option that makes it possible to cook a main dish along with your rice. The design prevents the flavors leaching off your main dish into the rice. This makes the cooking experience more enjoyable, and you'll still get clean, plain rice when you're finished.
When it comes to settings, this rice cooker has four intelligent settings that allow you to choose the right cooking temperature and time for your rice. The rice cooker also has a keep warm setting that makes it possible to warm your rice to the proper temperature. The inner pot is made with a non-stick material that is designed to make it easy to clean and prevent food from sticking to the pot.
A variety of accessories are included to help you get started cooking right away. The measuring cup provides an easy to use guide to select the proper proportions of rice to ensure that your rice comes out properly each time. You'll also enjoy the one-button operation that simplifies the process of cooking your food.
For the price range, this is an excellent rice cooker. You'll be able to cook your rice perfectly without burning it every time. The pan is designed to evenly heat your rice so that you don't end up with some burnt rice on the bottom. For those who simply want to cook exceptional rice, steam the occasional vegetables and cook a main dish on the top portion, this rice cooker will give you tremendous results each time.
Things We Liked
Things We Didn't Like
#11 Aroma Simply Stainless 3-Cup (Uncooked) 6-Cup (Cooked) Rice Cooker
Aroma Simply is an attractive, affordable and sophisticated product line that features 3 sizes; 6-cup, 14-cup and 20-cup rice cookers. Our point of discussion is this 6-cup (cooked) rice cooker that looks quite traditional, yet offers some modern features.
First of all, this rice cooker is suitable for both types of rice, white rice and brown rice. That’s definitely an edge over other models, since most models can only cook white rice. You can cook 3 cups of white rice (uncooked) and 2 cups of brown rice in Aroma Simply Stainless Rice Cooker. So, whether you’re preparing Chinese rice or spicy Biryani, you can depend on Aroma Simply Rice Cooker for best results.
Another thing that makes this rice cooker stand out is its cooking pot’s material. Unlike ordinary rice cooker models, Aroma Simply features surgical grade cooking pot made of stainless steel, that can withstand extremely high temperature. Surgical grade 304 stainless steel is also best for safe and hygienic cooking. It also preserves taste and flavor better than ordinary cookers. So, if you’re preparing meal for your kids, this rice cooker should be in your kitchen.
With its traditional design and amazingly simple one-touch feature, Aroma Simply ARC-750SG turns out to be a must-have kitchen ware for all households. Imagine, how does it feel to steam, cook with just a touch? Plus, it offers automatic keep-warm option to preserve nutritious value of your rice for hours.
If you’re concerned about performance, you wouldn’t get a better rice cooker than Aroma Simply 6-Cup (Cooked) Rice Cooker. It operates at 120 volt and it has a high powered 980-watt motor that helps you cook your rice in a jiffy.
From the image you can see the removable cooking pot, but what you don’t see is its 100% surgical grade stainless steel that preserves taste and flavor better than other containers. Moreover, the loss of heat is negligible thanks to the transparent glass lid. Finally, Aroma Housewares offers limited warranty on this product.
Things We Liked
Things We Didn't Like
#12 Aroma Housewares ARC-914SBD 8-Cup (Cooked) Digital Cool-Touch Rice Cooker and Food Steamer
Aroma ARC-914SBD 8-Cup Digital Rice Cooker and Food Steamer is one remarkable addition to the manufacturer’s product line, offering some really exciting features for young and old cooks.
Capacity wise, the rice cooker offers a massive space for 8 cups of cooked rice. Price is another factor to go for this utensil. In fact, if you see other similar products of different brands, you’ll realize that this rice cooker is cheaper than most. And don’t forget that you’re getting one-year warranty with it. Here are some noteworthy features of this product. Aroma ARC-914SBD Digital Rice Cooker is quite spacious, has dimensions of 8.5 inch by 9.3 inch by 8.7 inch. That’s enough to accommodate 8 cups of cooked rice. It’s fair to say that you can cook rice for the entire family in one go.
As far as weight and portability is concerned, this rice cooker is lighter than many other models. It weighs just 4.2 pounds, so it’s quite manageable and portable.
Ease of use is another major plus. The rice cooker quite sophisticated, because it offers easy-to-understand functions and options. For example:
- You can easily program this rice cooker for steaming, cooking white rice and browning using digital controls.
- The rice cooker features an automatic keep-warm function and can be a good storage container for your rice.
- You can set the delay timer and keep your food warm up to 15 hours.
In short, if you have a tight schedule, you can opt to cook rice in the morning and serve it fresh on dinner.
Aroma ARC-914SBD comes with all kinds of added accessories, including a steam tray, serving spatula, and rice measuring cup. You’ll also get amazing rice recipes and user manual as well. Moreover, the package also offers coupons for popular rice brands.
Things We Liked
Things We Didn't Like
Most of customers appreciated the appliance for the reduced cooking time. The rice cooker is known to cut down your cooking time up to 50%. Overall, ARC-914SBD is a great model for homes.
#13 Aroma Housewares 20 Cup Cooked (10 cup uncooked) Digital Rice Cooker, Slow Cooker, Food Steamer, SS Exterior
Aroma produces some of the world's best rice cookers, and it's the number one selling brand in the United States. The capacity of this rice cooker is a whopping 20 cups of rice. It's simple and effective design makes it possible to customize your rice cooking while still maintaining an easy to use and intuitive interface. Large buttons make it easy to adjust your settings, and the exterior of the unit gets warm but doesn't get too hot.
The unit is capable of setting itself to come on up to 15 hours later. This is great for those who want to have food ready when they come home, but don't want to spend a lot of time preparing meals. Coming home to a fresh bowl of rice and some vegetables offers an excellent way to start your night. The unit also offers a completely stainless steel design, which makes it easy to put the unit in the dishwasher.
The main settings on this unit are the keep-warm, white rice, brown rice, steam, flash rice and slow cook functions. These functions are enhanced by the smart microprocessor that can automatically adjust the heat to ensure a properly cooked meal from start to finish. The slow cook option is great for those who want their foods to marinate for several hours and get the best possible nutrient profile.
#14 Aroma Housewares 6-Cup Pot Style Rice Cooker and Food Steamer
As one of the more affordable rice cookers on the market, this one doesn't offer many features. However, if you just want to cook a batch of rice, this unit will do that for you. With this unit, it's extremely important to use the right amount of rice in proportion to water. Otherwise, your rice may end up overcooked. The unit uses a simple one-button design, and you'll be able to enjoy fresh, delicious rice with minimal effort using this rice cooker.
As a lower-end cooker, it still provides the option to cook, steam and warm your foods. While those who want more control over the temperature may want a different product, this option is great for people who have simple needs and just want a unit that will get the job done. It cooks rice well when you follow the directions exactly, but you'll be hard-pressed to cook any amounts that use less than three cups of dry rice.
#15 BLACK+DECKER RC506 6-Cup Cooked/3-Cup Uncooked Rice Cooker and Food Steamer
This is one of the top rice cookers you can get on the low-end spectrum. It simply cooks rice, which may be ideal for those who want a rice cooker that is devoted to cooking just rice. It has all of the features you need, including an automatic keep warm button that warms your food once it's completed cooking. It also includes a nonstick pot to make cleanup easier.
The food steaming basket is a nice plus, especially since many of the higher priced brands will make you purchase a steam basket separately. This is a good unit if you are willing to accept the presets and follow the directions exactly for cooking rice. One thing this unit doesn't do as well is cooking brown rice. Brown rice requires a longer cook time, and that's not possible to automate with this unit.
There are plenty of smart features that makes this a good option for someone who is on a budget. The glass top is made from tempered glass, and it has a built-in steam vent to ensure the steam can escape the pot. The built-in lid hook also stays cool, which makes it easier for you to remove the lid at the end without burning yourself.
Fuzzy Logic Cookers: Is Fuzzy Logic Worth It?
When it comes to the best rice cooker, people often hear the name fuzzy logic thrown around. Fuzzy logic isn't a brand name, but a type of rice cooker. They use a computer chip to control the cooking time and temperature. This gives the rice a better overall consistency because the rice cooker is designed to make "decisions" based on how the rice is cooking. Many of the rice cooker reviews available will not that rice cookers that use fuzzy logic are the best rice cookers. Even the best small rice cooker can be improved with the addition of fuzzy logic circuitry. Most of the top-rated rice cookers will include fuzzy logic technology. If you care about your rice being cooked perfectly each time, then you'll love the addition of fuzzy logic. It makes the entire process of cooking rice much simpler.
Safety and Maintenance Tips for Rice Cooker
Even the best rice cooker isn't perfect all of the time. Since rice cookers are so commonly used unattended, there are various safety mechanisms in place to ensure the device is safe to use. Each rice cooker is different, so it's important you read the owner's manual. Some basic safety precautions include learning where the hot surfaces of the product are and avoiding contact with those surfaces during and after operation. You should also always place your rice cooker on a stable and even surface.
When cleaning your rice cooker, avoid submerging it in water or placing it in the dishwasher. Even the pans, trays and utensils that come with your rice cooker should be washed by hand unless noted otherwise. The device should always be unplugged when not in use. Not only will this protect you from it accidentally getting turned on, but you'll be able to ensure that phantom power isn't drawn from the device and increasing your power bill. Never put your hand or face near the device while it's on. It may be tempting to smell that rice, but steam can burn effectively and quickly. It's also not recommended to use a rice cooker outside unless it is specifically designed to be used in that manner.
The now rice cooker reviews compared to the previous models are better, more flexible, and convenient. The conception of using the rice cooker to cook rice is too old. In fact, you can always utilize it one more recipe. It can say that the housework is never simple like that. Certainly, the most household should own at least one. Cooking of the housewives will become more gentle and easier. The family will get a delicious meal. Those busy who will be able to limit eating outside. What a great the best rice cooker.
Here are few tips to buy rice cookers online.
- Always check online for availability of the rice cooker you wanted to buy. There are plenty of online shopping stores, but we recommend Amazon.com for safe and trouble-free shopping.
- Don’t forget to go through customer reviews below the product details, as customers who have used the utensil can best describe its pros and cons.
- If you have no time to go through specs and customer reviews, go through expert’s reviews, just like this one, in which different models have been compared and their strengths and weaknesses have been highlighted properly, to help you make the best decision.
- Always verify price and warranty at manufacturer’s website. Conditions for warranty may change with time. Moreover, see that that item is refundable, or if it’s broken parts can be replaced.
- After removing your concerns, click on the Purchase button.